Dumass car makers!!

I have yet to encounter ANY stock 4cy, or V6 for that matter, that can beat my stock 2003 Mustang GT. But if you say so it must be true. ;)

mike hunt

Patrick wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Re: Dumass car makers!! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2003, 1:50pm (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Cory=A0Dunkle)

I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.

Reply to
Eric Toline

What if for one reason or another you _want_ or _need_ you window to go up regardless of an object in it's path, or even _because_ of an object in it's path? Some tree-hugger would sue over that one too.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I'm sure that's come up. "Oh... he must've hit the switch by himself. That's it."

JS

Reply to
JS

Re: Dumass car makers!!/ Hey Dunkle!! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Thu, Aug 21, 2003, 9:57pm (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Cory=A0Dunkle) "Eric Toline" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2315.public.lawson.webtv.net... Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2003, 1:50pm (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Cory Dunkle) I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.

Reply to
Eric Toline

While this is true of many cars, some cars they simply will not put manual windows in anymore because it isn't an option and it would require a ton of re-tooling costs. I'm not sure you can get crank windows on a Mustang anymore. I thought that I heard the 2000 Cobra R even had power windows because it just wasn't an option to not have them. You'd think on a factory built race car, they'd find a way, but nope. I'd also like to think they'd do it to trim some of the weight out of the rather portly machine, all things considered.

I've seen plenty myself and everyone claims they are quite reliable. We bought a canoe off of a guy once that was claiming his Volvo wagon had

240,000 on it and still ran like a top. Wasn't the most recent (or first) million mile car a Volvo of some sort?

JS

Reply to
JS

hrm... manual windows were still around when I bought my '97 as I remember. I ended up with power windows because I had to get that package to get the 17 inch wheels....

Reply to
Brent P

So.... gun safety switches should be done away with as well?

It's not a matter of needing "big brother" to keep us safe. It's a matter of introducing a new design that is not likely to be accidentally pressed so that it raises the window. So what you're saying is "screw all who might potentially be saved by this... I like my rocker switches!"

Reply to
Clem

Faulty engineering of the safety of the entire car. Not necessarily faulty engineering of the specific switch.

Reply to
Clem

In my opinion, a response like that is out of blundering idiocy.

I'll load my gun.

Reply to
Clem

Re: Dumass car makers!!/ Hey Dunkle!!

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

It's his car, so if he wants rocker switches he should be able to have them. If you don't like the FoMoCo products with rocker switches then don't buy them, go buy some vehicle which you like. It's not a matter of him feeling "screw all who might

of him having a personal preference. I prefer the rocker switches as well, they take up less space and I feel give the car a cleaner, crisper look. I also find them more pleasant to use.

The bottom line is it comes down to common sense. Common sense on the kids part not to be hanging out the window with his knees up on the armrest. Common sense on the parents part not to leave the kid unsupervised in the car with the keys. Stop being brainwashed by the liberals, attack the problem at the root.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.

Reply to
Eric Toline

You're dreaming if you think a 93 Geo will still be around and running10-20 years from now. And, I'm not sure there are many cars left that still offer manual windows today, let alone in the future. REALLY limits your choices!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Marshall

running10-20 years from now. And, I'm

let alone in the future.

It has not needed a single bit of non-maintenance work done so far, and the frame and body are in good condition. When I get it I plan on changing the timing belt, which hasn't been changed yet, and then just driving it. It's been a very reliable car, and I don't see any reason why anything catastrophic should fail prematurely. Do Geos of that year with the 1.6l engine have a reputation for being unreliable? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't go too 200,000-250,000 miles or more before needing a rebuild. Whenever the engine goes if the rest of the car is in good condition I may as well rebuild it or buy a remanufactured engine.

No sense wasting my money on a new car when this one is doing just fine. I don't plan on ever getting a new car, as it's just a colossal waste of money. I could have more cars that I like better for less, if I buy used. If I am ever rich (don't want to deal with car payments) and there is a particular model of new car that I just can't live without I will go to the dealer and look over the options list and talk with the salesperson. If they can't or won't make the car with the options I want, I will walk away and get a car that I like.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Gun safeties are there for a far better reason than redesigning a window switch. Think about it, if you can.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Re: Dumass car makers!!/ Hey Dunkle!!

I don't like gizmos like that anyway, but I think those dumbass tree-huggers need a good shooting in the face.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Reply to
Thomas Moats

And just how do you call not letting children play in cars as "conforming to the product"? It's nice when our products don't kill us when a mistake is made? Then DO NOTHING! There is inherent risk in every thing you do! You just sit back and let big brother take care of you. Aberrantly you are not able to do so for your self.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Thomas Moats" wrote

"Safety begins with me!" (Where did that old slogan originate? Can't remember, but I use to see it alot)

Sure, you're responsible for you're own safety. But it's nice when our products don't kill us when we make a mistake.

I like to think of it as products being designed for the way we use them, rather than us conforming to the product.

Reply to
J Alex