Engine replacement - 96 Taurus (Sable)

My son blew the motor on my 96 Sable SW. I got a good used one from an e-bay seller.
Would someone give me some tips on replacement? Eg: pull the tranny
with it? While it's out should I replace the freeze plugs (heard they had a problem there) etc etc.
I have a garage lift available to me as well as a cherry picker and umteen bazillion tools.
Thanks.
_________________________________
"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and irenotecan for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
Joe-46er wrote:

Good thing you have a lift. The motor comes out through the bottom. You drop engine, trans, and engine cradle then pull out the motor. You will need a good hydraulic table for this. You could disconnect everything and set the cradle/engine/trans on the ground then lift the car off. You should have a Ford shop manual if you're not familiar with major repairs on this car. The Ford Shop manuals on CD are available on Ebay for about $10-20.
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:35:47 -0400, Tom Adkins

Thanks. I found a local garage that will do it for $225 with one day turn over !
Couldn't pass that up!
"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and irenotecan for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:19:53 GMT, Joe-46er

Lucky dog!!

We shall see, that is about a 12 hour job for someone who knows what they are doing. You know what they say about things that sound too good to be true. Bob