Escort 1994 Electric/heated mirror wires...

I had my mirror smashed last weekend (RAR), and have just recieved replacement (25 quid) and due to taking the old one out and being a numpty I can't remember which wire goes where, as usual Haynes useless and can't find any other information on the web.

Any pointers please? There's two blade connections on the mirror (for heating I presume), and I'm too afraid of popping the other side off as a reference.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kontaminator

do you mean you just replaced the glass on the mirror and there are two wires going to the glass? If so yes it must be for the heater and if there are only 2 wires it won't matter which one goes where.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

You should be able to match the wires Since they should be color coded. Just remember that red is the one that should be hot. If you have a test lite just jump the wires to find the hot wire Since that is the one that you cannot play around with. Using jumper wires you can match the rest until you have it working. You should not have to take apart the other one You can also trace the wires and just match the colors but there should be some instructions with the new mirror you bought. That should of been the first place you should of looked

Reply to
esteli