Escort speed sensor question

I am trying to remove the speed sensor and it does not seem to want to budge. I haven't really reefed on it yet out of fear of breaking the unit.

Does anyone know what metal the base is made out of? I ask to try to find out if I am wasting my time trying to take it out (i.e. steel sender &aluminum transaxle fused together through corrosion).

I need to top up the transmission fluid after having lost some due to a halfshaft replacement. Saying that, can I inject fluid through the speedometer cable hole? I can measure the amount of fluid lost & add an equivalent amount.

Thanx,

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Good luck finding an answer...I've got the same problem (mine is flaky but it seems nothing short of explosives will probably get it out so I have to put up with it).

Reply to
Stephan Mynarkiewicz