Flickering lights caused by multifunction switch

Need repair advice. 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. The harness plug that plugs in the multifunction switch got hot and is now deformed it got so hot. I guess I have to find out what caused the problem first. Fixing the problem looks insane. So many many wires go in the harness plug that goes in the multifunction switch. If anyone has had to deal with this situation, please advise me. I would love to fix it myself as it seems to have easy access. Thanks

Reply to
Z40205

What I would do in the shop.... Replace the affected pigtail (you will want to solder and heatshrink the connections) and replace the MF switch. Once either one of these have been hot to the point of either colour change or plastic distortion, they become suspect and will very likely be cause for further concern in the near future. The pigtails are available at most dealers and many auto parts suppliers....

Reply to
<mechanic