Ford 1.6L & 1.9L similarity - propane conversion

First let me apologize if this question has been answered before. I did search for the topic and couldn't find anything applicable so here goes...

I have a Ford Escort 1994 1.9L fuel injected that I'm converting to propane. Does anybody know whether or not the cylinder head from a 1.6L with mechanical distributor will fit onto a stock 1.9L longblock and whether or not the 1.9L intake and exhaust manifolds would bolt up? If so.. this would have 2 benefits to me assuming that both engines had appx 9:1 compression to begin with. Rough guesstimates tell me that the compression ratio would end up at about 10.5:1 which would be a huge benefit to me and the use of a mechanical distributor would easily allow me to recurve the ignition without having to design circuitry to control the ford electronic ignition that's already there. Please elaborate on any additional work that would be necessary to make this happen. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Please reply here or to email: ripprou at hotmail dot com

Reply to
ripprou

I would be asking this over at

Someone there is much more likely to know.

Reply to
scott21230

Yes but you are all so knowledgeable I wanted to start here. Thanks! =)

Reply to
ripprou