Ford Crown Victoria LX

Question: Procedure for removing and replacing the heater core. Some say the dash must be removed to get at it. Is that necessary or is there an easier way ?

Reply to
norega

Oh yes shes a bad job. the defrost vents have to come out, the instrument cluster had to be pulled back, a vacuum line and ductwork had to come out... the only easy part was taking hte glove box out ;P

Reply to
Picasso

  1. Remove heater outlet floor duct.

  1. Remove instrument panel:

2a. Disconnect battery ground cable. 2b. Raise vehicle on hoist. 2c. Remove RF wheel and tire assembly. 2d. Remove three nuts in radiator coolant recovery reservoir area. 2e. Remove bolt retaining front fender apron to front fender. 2f. Position front fender splash shield out of the way. 2g. Lower vehicle. 2h. Tag and remove main harness connector from jumper harness (located in front of blower motor). 2i. Remove LH instrument panel lower insulator and instrument panel lower insulator. 2j. Remove steering column.

  1. Disconnect the heater water hoses from the heater core tubes. Plug the ends of the heater water hoses to prevent coolant loss.

  2. Plug heater core tubes securely to prevent coolant leakage from heater core.

  1. Remove one nut retaining the upper LH corner of the A/C evaporator core housing to the dash panel.

  2. Disconnect two vacuum supply hoses from vacuum source. Push grommet and vacuum supply hose into passenger compartment.

  1. Disconnect wiring harness from A/C electronic blend door actuator.

  2. Disconnect the white vacuum hose from the heater and A/C air inlet duct door vacuum control motor.

  1. Remove nuts from the studs along the lower flange of the heater air plenum chamber.

  2. Disconnect connectors to A/C electronic blend door actuator and electronic module on side of heater air plenum chamber.

  1. Remove heater air plenum chamber by pulling rearward.

  2. Remove the four retaining screws from the heater core cover and remove the heater core cover from the heater air plenum chamber assembly.

Reverse to reassemble.. carefully install heater core assembly into the heater air plenum chamber assembly. Visually check to make sure heater core case seal is properly positioned.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I have a 99' Crown Vic, I'm attempting to install an aftermarket radio. I removed the factory radio no problem, installed the aftermarket and it did not even come on. I know the radio works because I just took it out of another car which I installed it in. When I couldn't get it to work I put the factory radio back in and now it want come on. Help please

Reply to
haydendad

I bet you blew a fuse.

Reply to