air vents seals replacement on defender td5

I have a leaking air vent on my Defender TD5 2002 How can I change the seal of the air vent? thanks Fred

Reply to
Landy Fred

They are stick-on (self-adhesive)

JAE000030 Vent Seal - Defender £6.46 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks Richard, One question left: how can I remove the old seal. Must I remove the dash from the inside or is there an easier way around? Fred

"beamendsltd" schreef in bericht news:848218c54d% snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com...

Reply to
Fred Huge

They quite literally just stick on - lift a corner and you'll see.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Replaced mine with series III rubber ones. They actually close.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Fred I took the vent off completely when I did mine, if I remember just take the hinge pin out and undo the 6mm (I think) nuts very easy if fiddly give it a good clean before sticking the new ones on

ps don't kneel on the bonnet when doing this because you dent it

good luck Eddie

Reply to
mogg