Ford cuts Super Duty production amid dispute with engine maker

You are free to believe whatever you choose.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Do you ever read what you write? You tell us, in an NG, that you own new and nearly new cars, yet NGs are for people who do not even own late model cars?

Why don't you define "late model" for us?

In any event, thanks to Toyota, I can get around, reliably, with an older car. My car (The one the kids do not touch) is an '00, so it's 7 years old. That's way older than I'd be willing to tolerate in a Ford.

I'm saving tons of money and, when I do look for another car, it will be because my needs changed - or maybe just because I want a different car. When I owned a 3 year old Ford, I went shopping for another car because the Ford couldn't be trusted and I was getting rid of it.

Like maybe in another couple years, I'll buy a new Rav. A buddy just got one; it's extremely nice. He bought it, in part, because he noticed I've had NO problems with my three Ravs.

Or, maybe in another couple years, I'll buy another used Rav, maybe move up to an '05. I'll save some money and still get a car I can trust.

Reply to
dh

If you haven't purchased one of the new cars on the market today how can you say they which are good, or bad? One can have an opinion but one sure as hell can not compare what is on the market today with what was available on the market just five years ago, let alone ten years ago. Today every manufacturer is build good quality long lasting vehicles that can easily run trouble free to 200K given the proper preventive maintenance

mike

.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

By the same logic, unless you have bought one every model, you can't make your claim.

However, when the results of several people are averaged together, as JD Powers and Consumer Reports do, you do see that recent vehicles are better than older vehicles. But there are still vehicles that stand out in quality, IIRC.

I do, however, think that CR underrates American vehicles, on average.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I think I'll put more faith in JDP and CR than in your blather. And they both agree, Ford is nowhere near Toyota for long-term reliability.

Since switching to Toyotas, I've got more money in my pocket. I used to think Volvos were reliable and I was pretty happy with them but Toyota is on an entirely different - and better - level.

Reply to
dh

Sorry Mike...talking about freedom to believe or choose here...

But is that not what the coming war with the Middle East and Iran is going to decide...?? To e-mail remove the X from my address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

and i think i would put more effort into the fact that this is a ford newsgroup, not a toy yoder , or hunder, or nippon news group. if i wanted to read about jap cars, i would go to a jap car newsgroup.

Reply to
Tom

Can't prove it by me. After switching from the Toyota/Lexus models, I previously bought, to Fore/Lincoln I now buy, my account tells me I have saved so many thousands dollars since 1999 that my last three vehicles were basically free ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You should get a new accountant. Is this guy normally employed juggling books for the Mob?

Reply to
DH