Ford: Sue us... screw you!

The fires are the result of so many darn cars being on the highway following each other too closely to react.

Reply to
Tom Line

First off, yes, the food establishment is within their rights to do this.

Second, your comparison isn't quite right. I liken it more this way: if you walk into a restaurant and are served food that causes you to become violently ill, then you take a chance and do it a second time and once again get violently ill, then what is the logic in continuing to frequent that establishment?

Likewise, if you accuse the restaurant of trying to poison you with their food or selling tainted food products, then turn right around and order more of the same food, don't you think the proprietor of said establishment has a right to be skeptical of your claim, AND refuse to serve you to limit their risk?

...because general business practice dictates that if someone accuses you of negligence or making a defective product, even if that claim is untrue, it is not wise to continue to do business with that client because it increases your risk that they'll turn right around and sue you again.

No, I think it's Ford's way of saying the concept of suing a company for defective products and then ordering more of the same makes no sense.

I don't hold Ford blameless, I do think that if you market a vehicle as being particularly suited for police applications, you should not turn around and say things like "what do you expect? Police applications are tough conditions and this car wasn't designed for that!" On the other hand, it is totally stupid for a plaintiff to buy more products that they claim are death traps.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Your premise is right on target.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

At about the time of 10/15/2004 6:57 PM, Anthony stated the following:

Best point of the thread yet, in addition to the idiocy of the sheriff wanting to purchase more "unsafe" vehicles.

I would have taken down his plate and turned him in for reckless driving when I did get a cell signal.

Reply to
Daniel Rudy

But we are talking about the same state that did not know how to vote also

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

Good point. I forgot how hard it really is to follow the arrow and push out a "chad". The thing that has yet to be explained is why it was more difficult for Democrats to figure out than any other group.

Reply to
James C. Reeves