Oil prices got you down?

From another thread that was veering off-topic...

Besides untreated water, name another liquid you can get for $1.50/gallon. Bill had mentioned California diesel prices hitting $3.00/gallon in another thread.

At first I thought waaa waa waa, it's still cheaper than most countries on the planet.... until I did the math! Tonight I paid $.82/L Canadian for diesel, after conversion to gallons and into US Funds, I paid $2.54/gallon US... hehehe. Unfortunately, regular unleaded in Canada is still $2.86/gallon US, almost $.30 higher than California.

It's important for us Canadians and Americans not to whine too much for our overseas friends are paying at least twice as much for "petrol".

Let's keep things in perspective In fact, at today's price of $63/barrel (petroleum barrels are 42 gallons)...

A cool refreshing cup of crude oil would cost you about 10 cents unlike the thieving pimply faced little girl down the street selling lemonade for 25 cents a cup.

Slide by your local pub for pint after a hard days work? You'd jump at a chance to get your suds for the price of a pint of crude at 19 cents.

If only we could get a 255 ml can of pop for the price of crude... about 9 cents.

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

still cheaper then Jet-A

Snow...

Snow

tim bur

down ashphalt

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

"tim bur" wrote: "lets try not to run to the pump every day to top off the tank thus reducing a higher demand , lets slow down and reenact the 55 mph law federally, slow down and keep our vehicles fix when the check engine lite is on. start using concrete and cut down ashphalt that takes all kind of oil/tar to make and just watch how much oil comes down after 3 months of of causing a glut in the market gas does not have the shelf life it used to so they do not want to stockpile it"

Stop using plastic since the chemicals to make it come from a barrel of oil. Stop taking medicines since some of the chemicals used to make it come from oil. Stop eating preserved foods since the chemicals to preserve it come from a barrel of oil. Stop your wife from smelling good with her perfume since perfumes are made from chemicals that come from a barrel of oil. Stop using insecticides since the come indirectly from a barrel of oil.

The list continues so I guess if you want the price to go down we should all buy horses and let them feed in pastures where we don't fertilize or use pesticides. We could collect the manure and let it dry and use it for fertilizer or even burn it for fuel in the winter.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Sarge did pass the time by typing:

If you think gas is expensive, try feed and livery charges for a horse, vet bills, grooming, and the annoying requirement in some citys to pick up after your animals. (that's one BIG baggie). :)

I'll take a vespa.

Reply to
DougW

Explain to us how buying 10 gallons of gas every 5 days will create less demand than buying 2 gallons every day. Why don't we all stop buying gas on Mondays? That'll kill demand won't it? Give me a break...

I'll gladly pay whatever it takes to drive my gas guzzler 75 mph. You can drive your hybrid whatever speed you want, but I say f*ck driving 55 mph.

bllsht

We don't have an oil, or gas shortage. We have a critical shortage of refineries. Thank the EPA for that...

Reply to
ambrin

Please explain: If I'm burning 20 gal/week, how does buying 20 gallons once a week instead of 5 gallons a day reduce demand.

tim bur wrote:

down ashphalt

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You would think that having a Texas oilman in the whitehouse would be a good start. At least he helped to undo some of the crazy wilderness land that Clinton stuck is with that prevented us to have access to some old jeep roads.

Reply to
Rusted

As long as the production cost for crude in Alberta is $32 a barrel I'll keep whining! At $65 a barrel thats over %100 profit. It's criminal if you ask me.

Poe, Whining lauder and lauder every day

Reply to
Poe

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Pure unadulterated crap!

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

There is no solution...none of us are going to get out of this alive! So have you the balls to take that?

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

I am not sure which problem this is intended to solve. For me, the problem is to assure a continued supply of petroleum and petroleum products, until some whiz kid figures out how to make pure 2,2,4-trimethylpentane, out of sh*t. If we want to do that, it is necessary to preserve what petroleum we have, for a while at least. Opening up the tap isn't going to accomplish that.

I thought that conservatives, were supposed to "conserve" stuff. I may be confused.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton