Ford Taurus Ride Comfort

My wife has a 1996 Ford Taurus - 3.0 liter 6 cylinder DOHC 183 CID, approximately 42,000 miles on the odometer. This thing rides like (what I would guess) an old buckboard from the "Wild West". The car appears to have shock/spring combination on all four wheels. I swear you feel every bump in the road. Anyone have suggestions for an upgrade for a more comfortable ride?? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unca' Bob

Reply to
Unca' Bob

its called a strut u fucktard and yes there are all types of aftermrket ones another example of crap sold by ford

hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

Your tire pressure is likely too high. Check the placard & adjust.

Check to be sure the front springs have not broken.

The Taurus has struts. No need to change them yet at 42K miles... they should be good for another 100k or more.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1