96 sable 3.0 knock sensor location

Anyone know the location of the knock sensor? Chiltons is really vague. Some parts store don't list one and others do. Thanks

Reply to
Don

rhs mid block

hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

According to my mitchells there are 2 3.0 litre engines check the 8 digit of the vin Vin S Left upper rear of engine below intake manifold Vin U No knock sensor

Reply to
Brad

Mitchells is right no knock sensor on vin U. What does it sat about a MAP sensor and location? Thanks

Reply to
Don

Doesn't have one

Reply to
Brad

What does Mitchells say about testing the cam sensor min-max voltage etc.? Thanks again

Reply to
Don

the way I've done it on my f150 should be the same as the sable. Hook your multimeter to the Cam sensor signal and ground with the key on either turn it over in short bursts without starting it or I turned it over by hand and watch the voltage(DC) should go down below 2v and above 8v

Reply to
Brad