Ford to Police: get lost!

Well I'll tell you what... CIA agent Sydney Bristow / Jennifer Garner looked very fine and dandy indeed throwing her little Focus SVT through all the paces in at least a couple of chase scenes on ABC's "Alias" last season... but... I liked her all-black Crown Vic Interceptor better...

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

"Knight" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Someone has to start thinking outside the box. You're the professional, why shouldn't it start with you?

A) I'm well aware of the equipment that occupies the front area of a typical CV. It'll fit in a modified SVT Focus (it's not a tiny car) in the same way it fits in a modified CV. B) Since the SVT Focus handles *much* better than a CV (or hopped-up Lumina, etc.), it's actually safer at all speeds. C) I wrote that a few CV type vehicles should be on hand for transports, etc. D) I can only speak from my experiences. However, they seem rather universal. You can trust me when I write that *I* don't want you to put your life on the line in a needless chase. OTH, I'm forced to share the same roads that you use and I'm sure you can understand that I don't want *you* to put my life on the line in a needless chase. How do you expect an inexperienced operator -covers most drivers on the road- to react when a CV displaying a light show that's more exciting than some concerts comes very quickly from behind? Commonsense dictates that said operator is going to freak out. You never know what they're going to do. They might quickly stop in a dangerous manner/area that puts you and I at risk. They might increase speed, forgetting that you have a radio and that you'll probably give chase. Again, putting you and I at risk. They might simply lose control. Again, putting you and I at risk. You never know and I don't want to find out. Why not just get the details - description, plate if you can and radio it in and deal with them later - hopefully when they're stopped?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but if you're interested in stopping ESLs, all you need to is merge into traffic and "do" the posted speed limit. It's that simple. It's you're interested in passing out some tickets, turn the camera on a record a series of idiots who haven't discovered lane change signals. They're an extreme danger to us all. I'm sure you can think of may others. Good luck!

Reply to
Zip Disk

Reply to
Knight

There have been several large cities that have instituted "no pursuit" policies that have stopped many of these needless pursuits. None of them has experienced any problems with criminals getting away as a result. There are hundreds of innocent bystanders killed every year because of these needless pursuits. The only reason any city still allows them is the cowboy mentality of the police departments.

Reply to
AZGuy

Too bad it isn't an option....

Reply to