Fuel Economy Ratings: Tare or MGVW?

Realistically, all government fuel mileage measurements should be conducted with the vehicle loaded. If Boeing would try to sell the Dreamliner and give performance specs. with an empty plane, its customers would laugh at them.

So, why should we accept mpg measurements with two gallons in the tank and a horse jockey driver? When our President says the fleet of new cars are going to achieve 27.5 mpg by 2010, then he ought to get serious about it and specify 25.5 mpg at GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT.

I bet your so-called economy SUV sucks plenty of gas pulling the family and camping gear up the Grapevine, even at the 55 mph that might yet come to pass, given that politicians will still drive their gas-thirsty government limos and chartered jet planes. Slow is for us, not them.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Dont you EVER get tired of spitting at the mirror?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Oranges are a citrus fruit... apples are not....

FWIW, EPA measurements have nothing to do with the mileage you will get on the street... These are done on a dynamometer with carefully measured and controlled conditions - so that customers can "comparison shop"... It is quite apparent that you have no understanding of how EPA ratings are measured.

Realistically, your head is so far up your ass that you will never understand the reason this NG exists... Realistically, you will never understand why a lot of things are the way they are...

In case you didn't notice... if your car runs out of gas, you can pull over to the side of the road... if the airplane runs out of gas, things get a bit more complex...

You have established the fact that you have an agenda.. I can't speak for anyone else, but I really don't care to hear about your agenda... I can see your resume in my minds eye... Under the heading "Interests", you have written, "I love to be tedious...".

Reply to
Jim Warman

Uh... generally you can speak for me, but you already knew that.

But i picture "I love to be tedious..." when describing personality traits.. I see "Working towards peace and love in the one-world utopia" as his main interest.

I hate to break it to you, Nomen... but you are the archetypal quasi- intellectual. You have probably had several years of post-high school attendance and thought you were 'educated' but you were only indoctrinated.

Because you learned nothing about how to apply human nature and reality onto the matrix of socialization.

I went through only two semesters of 'hier l'arnin' and quit in disgust because most of my instructors were self-important windbags with the same attitudes as you, and the 'Student Leaders' were even worse.

No, that doesnt make me BETTER than you... it makes me realize that I am the cause of my own failures. And the same applies to any community. Not to be blamed on 'them' or 'those people'. But guess what... i had for 25 years a good living in continuous employment as an engineer and systems analyst.

Because the SECOND thing i applied to any system design after I got it to work, is I checked it to see if it worked when 'people' used it... and if people WOULD go to the trouble to use it.

It doesnt matter a damn bit if you build the better mousetrap if it's too hard to set it up... and the same thing applies to society. Doesnt matter HOW many rules you make or laws you pass, if it is a piece of crap, that's all it is.

I dont know if you grasp what I just said, but maybe if you tried REAL hard and went outside your little box.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

For one thing, I've noticed that the pilot starts sweating a lot when that big cooling fan up front quits turning. :)

Bill Putney

Consistent recurring theme for Noman Nesquick:

THE GOVERNMENT OUGHT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ....!!!!!!!!

Nomen operates on this principle: The average guy is an idiot and needs to be protected from himself.

This fits squarely into 'Progressive' principles... where only the educated and informed (read indoctrinated and elite) make the rules and decide 'what's good enough'.

Once that happens, then they can ALSO decide that what these chumps already HAVE is good enough.

- See Jimmy Carter; 'Malaise' speech

Nomen has no faith in free markets. He has no faith in the voter, however i would bet he is ALSO against voter ID at the polls.

Already many 'Progressives' on Liberal and Democrat internet sites complain that Utopia isnt coming fast enough and that what is needed is a 'coup' where current governemnt is forced from office by a 'citizen uprising'

I wonder what Nomen thinks of that? That is a rhetorical question...I dont want him to answer it here... just GO AWAY and educate some OTHER kool-aid drinkers.

- - - - - - -- - - - -- -- - - - -

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

What fool believes anything that the president says?

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Really, Nomen's just a troll. You give him way too much credit.

Reply to
Joe