help: 98 Windstar spark plugs

Its time to replace the spark plugs & wires. Other than taking the van to the dealer for service how do I gain access to the rear bank of spark plugs? Do I have to take the front wheel off or go under the engine to gain access to rear plugs? Its a 3.8L transverse mounted engine. Also how do I get to the distributor cap? At first glance it looks like I may have to remove the instake manifold, I sure hope not.

Any input from others who have done this before is appreciated.

Can't help you with the plugs. I haven't replaced mine yet. But as for the distributor cap, there is none. It has a coil pack Pat

Reply to
PATRICK T. DAVIDSON