How many pinouts on this ECU?

Just wondering, for a 1990 Ford Escort GT, 1.9 liter, EEC-IV, how many pinouts are on the ECU? Someday I might find a breakout box and I want to be able to spot it.

Also, other than a junkyard, anyone know where I can get a reman or OEM ECU for this car?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
sleepdog

Any autoparts store should be able to order you one.

Reply to
noname

opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Pinouts are irrelevent.

Remove and look at the connector, and burn it in your cerebral cortex, you'll recognize one when you see it. Breakout will have almost all slots filled, while your harness will have a lot of empties. \ But since you had to ask that, I cant imagine what you're going to do with it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You've got a 60 pin connector

Reply to
Bob

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the response, but I am confused now because I looked up my ECU on autopartsgiant.com and they picture they had looked like it had

40 pinouts, assuming it was the right picture. Not all of the pinouts had pins in them, but there were twenty available "pinouts" on each side.

When I get around to pulling mine out to get the numbers, etc., I will have the info I need, just haven't gotten there yet and am curious in the meantime.

Thansk, Matt

Reply to
sleepdog