How to kill a cylinder for diagnostics through OBD-2

A couple of years ago an Infiniti service technician showed me that he could cut the fuel to any of my cylinders for testing purposes, with his Infiniti diagnostic tool. He told me that all the ECUs from most manufacturers have that feature.

My guess is a proprietary command through the OBD-2 bus. Has anyone heard about that? What would the command be on a (made in North America) Ford? With the PC-OBD-2 interface I'll be able to enter just about any command. There is a chance that Ford would use a special timing for that protocol, but if we're lucky, it's a simple undocumented OBD-2-type command.

Jean

Reply to
Jean Gagnon