is the black plastic-looking cap the oil drain plug on a 4.6L engine

I want to change the oil on a newly purchased 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis.
The oil filter seems to have good access.
The oilpan drain plug seems to be
a black plastic-looking polygon sided cap on the driver side towards the front of the oilpan.
I don't have a lift or jack but I believe I can reach the plastic cap from underneath.
Is that the drain plug?
And is it hand loosened and tightened or is there a recommended tool (other than a kitchen pliers)?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Michael Eisenstadt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Site Timeline is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.