What's in a name?

Who knows what the thing is called, I've heard 5 different names for it already. It's not running bad, but it eats gas at the rate of 15 mpg, and
that's only if I play nice with the gas pedal. I've seen it as low as 11 around town only. I do know that the vacuum line comes from the intake manifold to this valve/solinoid then to the EGR valve.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.