Is the Crown Vic Discontinued?

My dad was told by a salesman at a Ford dealer that the Crown Vic has been discontinued. I discounted that, until I had to be at a Ford dealer for service on my van last week. I didn't see a single new CV. The Five Hundred is, according to the sticker in the window, a "large" car. Did I miss a terrible tragedy?

CJB

Reply to
CJB

funny... i see no reference to that using google search.. did come up with "CV's are underrated" articles, though

fordcars.com and ford.com still list the 06 CV. Could it be there's not enough markup for YOUR dealer?

IMO: When you hear Mercury is going out, THEN you can kiss the CV goodbye.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Bad Data. 2006 Crown Victoria are available. Go to

My local dealer has them in stock. However you ough to try a Five Hundred before you dismiss it.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

The current CV will go away when the Canadian plant where it is built closes at the end of the 2007. Rumor is the next CV/GM will be built on a stretched Lincoln LS chassis.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I thought the LS was going away after this year.....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Reply to
C. E. White

That was the case back in the beginning of the year but Ford recently advised shareholder that the St Thomas plant will be faxed out at the end of the 2007 model year. Ford is rumored to be looking at a stretched version of the RWD Lincoln LS for a CV/GM derivative to be build at the Wixom plant.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not from what I'm hearing.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Faxed out? That must be some fax machine!

More info:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yeah! It's the mother of all FAX machines! It's a bitch when it double feeds and jams.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

I wonder it at least a part of that plan is a strategy to eliminate the perception of exploding CV police cars and reclaim that market. The CV is a heck of a car for the price.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That may be your perception but the NHTSA says the CV is the safest vehicle when it comes to rear-end collision standards The CV is the only vehicle offered for sale in the US built to a 50 MPH rear-end collision standard. That is far above the NHTSA standard required collision speed of 30 MPH to which all other are built.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, it's not my perception, I know it's a safe car. But the media has created a hysteria that it's not a safe car. The general public is too stupid to understand the facts or read beyond the headlines. The local PD has switched from CVics to Impalas because the police union made a fuss about the safety of the CV. What a joke, I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to give up a nice full size RWD car for a FWD midsize.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Particularly those carrying a few too many donuts around the middle.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce