MLP sensor

I just picked up a new MLP sensor kit for my 1993 F150 with the E4OD tranny. The kit includes the sensor , 2 rubber moisture insulators ( one with 7 holes, the other with six ) and a connector plug that separates revealing a another moisture insulator ( with 8 holes ). Apparantly, the wires from the old connector plug have to be transferred to this new plug. No instructions were included.

Before I attempt this job - Is there any soldering required here or do the individual wires just plug in to the connector somehow?

Reply to
gil

Thomas Moats

This part was special ordered from Autozone. No instructions were included, I called them up. I'll have to do this job without instructions

Reply to
gil

Reply to
Thomas Moats

yeah... But I paid $35 for the part . Ford dealer wants $105. I'd hate to pay $70 for a piece of paper.

Reply to
gil

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I only asked if soldering is required, so as to whether I need an access to an AC plug. That was the original question. Though your answer " Instructions should have been provided" was helpful, a yes or no would have answered my question. Any more tips on this job would have been extremely helpful. Its ok. I already got the answer. I can figure it out from here.

Reply to
gil

Reply to
Thomas Moats