My '78 ford

Heya! I was checking out my weird tire wear and discovered that I have like

3/8-1/2 play on each tire. The play is coming from the rack and pinion where it attaches from the rod. Is this fixable by replacing some kind of bushing? Do I need to buy a replacement rack? Thanks in advance!

Shawn

1978 Ford Fairmont, 3.3L I-6
Reply to
SHAWN

Check Here for the parts you need:

?LRH70S
?GY2XW6 Have your ZIP code ready.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

The play is coming from inside the rubber boot. I am not sure what is in there. Is there another tie rod end?

Shawn

1978 Ford Fairm>> Heya! I was checking out my weird tire wear and discovered that I have
Reply to
SHAWN

Inner, & outer, each side, yes. 2 of the links above go to the inner tie rod ends.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1