new Lincoln (MKS?)

when the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego came out in 2005, mags said a Lincoln version was to follow.

3 years later, I'm now seeing tv commercials for it..........went to Lincoln.com and there's no mention of it. But there are several independent sites that have details and pricing.

was interested until I noticed that the engine requires premium gas.......good job guys.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

The 3.5 V6 does not require premium. The last Lincoln to require premium fuel was the Lincoln LS V8. I have a 20005 LS and it runs fine on regular

89, in any event
Reply to
Mike hunt

The MKS uses a 3.7L version of the 3.5L from the new Taurus/Sable.

I had no problems finding the official site:

|vehiclesShorter version:
As for premium, it's not as 'expensive' as it used to be. At $2.00/gal, the typical $0.20 extra was a 10% increase. Now at $4.00/gal, it's only a 5% increase.

-- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!

Andrew Rossmann

The MKS has a 3.7L V-6 , not the 3.5L V-6.

claims it will run on regular.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I owned four Lincoln LS V8s, a 2000. 2002. 2004 still have a 2205 that I kept at my home in Key West. I always used regular in all of them, no problem

Reply to
Mike hunt

Wow! I thought Ford didn't even come out with its 2009 trucks yet. And it has a 2205 car out already. Now, that's looking to the future.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That is true, but the Lincoln he was referencing was the 2008 MKZ not the

2009 MKS, that is just coming to market. My 2008 MKZ has the 3.5 and it uses 87 octane as did my previous Zephyr that had the 3.0 V

Reply to
Mike hunt

Based on many of the things you post, apparently there is a lot you don't know. I have had a 2009 Ford in my driveway for two week. LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

A 2009 Ford truck or car?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Mike hunt

Mike, read the whole thread. I said that Ford didn't even come out with

2009 Ford trucks yet. And you responded that you had a 2009 Ford. I asked if it were a Ford car or truck.

Get a clue man.

You don't need to be an asshole.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I owned four L Wow! Ford didn't even come out with its 2009 trucks yet, and it has a 2205 car out already. _________________________________________

Ooooh!! Ooooh!! Ooooh!! Caught Mike in a mistake again!! It's so satisfying when one's life work is rewarded.

Now, that's looking to the future.

Jeff

Reply to
Rodan

On a side note, I read that due to the crash in truck sales, the 2009 F150's will be delayed at least 2 months, from late summer to the fall.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Reply to
Mike hunt

I wonder if any of the manufacture who are currently selling vehicles in the US, would be HAPPY to be selling a high profit one that is still selling at the rate of 500,000 a year as annual sales fall from 16,000,000 to

14,500,000? Wanna bet Toyota would love to sell>> Mike hunt wrote:
Reply to
Mike hunt

Geez Mike...did you even read the subject line (new Lincoln (MKS?))? No where in the original post was the MKZ mentioned at all. Just for reference, here is the OP:

Re: new Lincoln (MKS?)