New tire recommendatiosn

I have an 2008 Ford Focus. What are some good replacement tires?

Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Round ones with tread that hold air :-)

Seriously, though, where do you live, and what kind of driver are you? Tires that work well in Miami right now probably wouldn't be so great in New Hampshire. I would look around your area and see what others are running, and if you aren't too shy, ask them how they like them.

Reply to
SC Tom

Brand is not as important as finding a reputable long-time tire dealer = in your town that stands behind his products and service. Stay away = from Pep Boys )(unless you have a good relationship with your local = store). Stay away from Hankooks tires -- I had 3 sets of these = installed before the out-of-round tolerance was within spec.

Reply to
Guv Bob

Jeff: My 07 Focus wagon came with Goodyear tires, they were the worse tires I have ever had, noise, hydroplane, thumps. I replaced at 27000 miles with Goodrich (made by Michelin), they seem far better. Jim

Reply to
jamesd43081

Real easy - go to

...Punch in your make, year and model...see what's available in your price range, and most importantly - Read the reviews - People who actually own the same car as you post what they think of a particular tire on your car....Some that are more expensive and get great overall reviews, will get crap reviews on your car and visa-versa....Getting tires is kinda like getting sneakers....some feel good, some don't and the expensive ones don't always feel/perform the best on your particular feet.

You don't have to buy from them either - Find a couple that look good, make a list and go out locally if you prefer.

I do it a bit different on my daily drivers. I have a membership in one of the warehouse stores, so I go there first with my tire size and look to see what they have available. Then I take that list and go back to tirerack.com to find the best reviews of the list of what they have, and go with the best (unless all the reviews are crap, in which case I try a different store).

My baby (my truck), however actually gets them through tirerack.com. Have a set of Pirelli's that I bought online and had them shipped and installed locally.. Couldn't be happier....

The tires on my dailies are BFGoodrichs, and Mich's that are performing well. I had a set of Tigerpaw's on one of my dailies I got 70K miles out of before they hit the wear bars and didn't have an issue with any of them...

Good luck

Reply to
IYM

I live at a ski resort and got tired of switching tires back and forth every fall and spring. I did a lot of research and got a set of Nokians installed and love them. Good on dry and wet pavement. Good off road and surprisingly good in snow and ice. That said, you still haven't told us what the weather is like where you are. If it's dry and sunny all the time I would probably look for a quiet tire. If it rains a lot you need a tire that doesn't hydroplane. If it snows a little an all season or all weather tire might be good. If your winters are really bad a genuine winter tire would be best, or you can try the Nokians like I got.

The Tire Rack is a good place to start, although they don't carry "every" brand. You can also try your local Discount Tire. Ford sells a lot of tires and will meet or beat any price. Your local dealer is also familiar with your Focus and the local weather. Before I got the Nokians my dealer gave me a lot of good advice and had very good prices.

Good luck. Often, when buying new tires a lot of advice is in order as well as a lot of luck. Some dealers and mechanics will take the tires back if you don't like them. While not very common, you can't go wrong with this kind of warranty as they know you will love them before they install them.

Reply to
Sheldon