Nippondenso 10P15C Compressor - Adding Oil

I have a new compressor for my old Escort GT, just wanted to get the correct procedure for adding the oil to it before I install it. Was it clutch side down, and spin it while you pour the correct amount in? I'm thinking three oz. esther for the new compressor, but I know to measure the amount out of the old compressor. Trouble is I probably inadvertently added some oil to the old compressor when at one point I accidently held a can of 134 upside down when charging. Alldata specs say 8 oz. oil total in the ac system. So should I split that into 2 oz. for the coil, 3 oz. for the condensor and 3 oz. for the compressor?

Thanks, sleepdog

Reply to
sleepdog

Did you replace the Accumulator? I'd allow 1 and 1 for the coils, unless flushed; then add that much. 2 for accum, 4 for compressor. And as you say, start with 2 or 3 directly into compressor.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

yes, add the amount that was in the old. You did not inadvertantly add oil by holding a can upside down. Spin it while adding and spin it after installing just in case. IF you flushed it, add like Backyard said to make up for flushing.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

Yes, I am in the process of flushing out the coil and condensor. Adding a reman compressor, new accumulator/suction line and liquid line/expansion valve.

I know the 75% charge for r134 is important because of the higher pressure, but does the amount of oil really matter that much (+/- an oz or two) if it is all going to transit through the system anyway?

So if I have this straight...

- 2 oz for the coil flushed

- 3 oz for the condensor flushed

- 2 oz for the new accumulator

- 4 oz total for the new compressor

That's 11 oz. total, alldata says use 8 oz. mineral oil (for R12). Would esther oil require more than 8 oz? I'll be using esther oil and R134 (R12 36 oz, so 27 oz, or 75% fill for R134).

Thanks again, sleepdog

Reply to
sleepdog

Oil is same, just install 7 or 8 total; 4 in the Comp if that's what it says... never mind the liquid/weight capacity of the refrigerant.

I dont think the Evap has 2 oz in it.that's a LOT. And it DOESNT NEED it, the oil will come. The accum WILL acquire oil. Like he said,, the key element is getting oil into the compressor, it's the only part that really needs it, the rest is migrating all the time.

spin many times, according to the install directions

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic