oh

the 1993 tarus has 120,000 kilometers on it ...what are some fantastic mileage out there on the 4 cylinder model.? ?

Reply to
wiseguy

Never seen one go past 121,000 kilometers myself.

Reply to
Bob

The 4 cylinder 1993 Taurus will go 1,000,000 miles easily with no repairs or even an oil change. However, the 3.0 V-6 1993 Taurus will normally go about 150,000. The V-6 requires maintenence and repair occasionally.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

You can say that again! Them damn 3.0 engines will never make 150K without an oil change. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yeah... two if you want to play it safe!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

eww...eww..I'll play.

876,938... did I win?
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Two ? TWO? ?

Haven't you ever heard of environmental responsibility? What a waste! All vehicles have that red "add oil" light on the dash. Just wait till that comes on and top up as necessary

Sadly one of our customers believed this (I won't mention her gender lest it cause a flame war :-)

As for how far a 4 cylinder Taurus (or any other 4 cylinder will go) depends upon how it's driven and maintained. with basic maintenance and driven responsibly it will easily last until you're sick of it.

The engine will easily last 300,000 KMS if it has and continues to be maintained and driven by an intelligent adults.

But why would you want to keep any vehicle that long? Vehicles are after all, just expensive clothing for the vast majority of the population.

Drive it, enjoy it, deal it when you're bored with it. On to the next.

Reply to
joe schmoe

If one is running the 3.0L till the low oil pressure light illuminates, it will need work, for sure. I believe you will find that to be true of ANY engine LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No oil change huh?

All engines require maintenance, and eventually repair. That stroked 2.3 Tempo engine included.

Reply to
Fred Miller

Hey Fred, notice I said "1993 4 cyl Taurus". There is no such thing. If it was an 86

4 cylinder Taurus it would, of course, require maintenence. Very much so at this late date.
Reply to
Tom Adkins

Yea got it now, sometimes a little slow on the uptake.

Reply to
Fred Miller

Yep, at 43 I'm starting to get "senior" moments myself. ;)

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Ha, at only 43, you ain't seen nothing yet! .. bamp

Reply to
bamp