One more look at the situation --

Hello,

sorry to "bump" my post, but there doesn't seem to be a way to subscribe to just a discussion?

Anyhow, here was teh last thing I was wondering in my previous discussion....

Here's another thing I thought I would mention and get some info for. ...

Since the new radiator, my car cannot stay in normal (the temp guage inside). It gets just to the edge then falls back to the Blue Cold erea. I imagine it falls when the thermostat opens up but with all my reading lately it seems important for readings and sensors to be in such a range or it tries to compensate. Maybe it reading cold all the time keeps the idle up, maybe the high idle would effect the shifting at times? Just throwing ideas out. Tomorrow evening I will fully inspect the vacuum line, and some have sugested replaceing the following parts

  1. PCV valve
  2. MAP sensor
  3. TP sensor
  4. Fuel filter (maybe for the heck of it?)
  5. Idle Air Control vlave
  6. VSS... which was here

I can get all *except the map sensor (have't found that yet)* for around 60 bucks for my make/model. I guess that's not much really, and

I would learn more- that's always good. Are any of those rediculous?

I will put in any amount of time- I can look at the time as a hobby :) but as for money, I would like the whole project to stay within $100 - $150.

Oh and I forgot another thing, the water pump and hoses were also replaced alog with the idler pully last fall. Come to think of it, perhaps I will go to that guy for the noise as after I had the jpump changed there was a similar rattling- and that is when he charged me for the idler pully, said the bearings were bad. - thanks for mentioning that part! :)

Thanks again... and again...

The rest can be found HERE >>

Thanks for any and all who help. :)

Reply to
JC_101

Put in a 195º thermostat.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

George Jaynes

T-stat stuck open? Can you get heat out of the dash?

Reply to
sleepdog

Yeah, the heat is definately working. you see, after warming up the car it goes down to C like that- then it takes a while to bget back up to normal - like it has to warm up again. as far as the heat goes, it is effected, but little. for the most part, it kicks out some hot heat- at least that's good.

Don't forget to check out the link to the rest of the posts- lots of stuff I could use help on if there's time.

thanks!

JC_101

snipped-for-privacy@> > Hello,

Reply to