Periodic Overheating Not Solved Again

OK, here's the story....
New radiator, fan clutch, thermostat, 60% clean antifreeze. All checked out OK.
Drove 5 miles, then sat the drive-thru for 3-4 minutes. Temp started
climbing again. Didn't get as hot as before, but still not right. Revving the engine caused it to drop a little but not down where it should be.
Engine off. Fan clutch had right amount of resistance.
Inlet hose from thermostat to radiator hot and pressurized. Plenty of pressure at the cap. Hose from radiator outlet to engine pressurized but cold.
They ain't much left but the water pump. Belt is grabbing the pulley fine. I'm guessing that the water pump impeller has broken down.
Any other ideas, fellers before I rip into it on Saturday?
Labor and parts at the garage is $380. Same pump off the shelf is $60.
I have not looked into the process... I guess I'll need some way to keep all the pulley lined up. Should be "fun."
Newgene McMensa <newgene.mcmensaREMOVEREMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

Not really.
Being you didn't make any effort to give the year, model and engine size, I really doubt anyone could give an educated guess.
-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com
On Tue, 15 May 2018 16:35:24 -0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel

I believe it's still his early nineties 3.0 AeroScare.
A water pump is a water pump
On Wed, 16 May 2018 06:53:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try to install a small block chevy pump on that AeroScare - - - - ANd I've seen the (plastic) impellers on some fords totally "explode" at about 4000 engine RPM (2.5 duratec) and I.ve seen water pump impellers "slip" on the shaft when hot (Chrysler slant six) including one of each on my own vehicles - as well as on numerous customer vehicles.

That's my thought, too. Coolant is not circulating, so to me that means either the pump is failing or something is blocking the flow. Thermostat opens at the right temp.
I reckon I can't complain about getting 21 years and 150K miles (8000 Canadian) out of the pump.
I'll say one thing about Ford, original parts are head and shoulders above any other car I've had. Original radiator went 17 years.
Only bad parts I have seen are the AC compressor and everything in the heater circuit.
Of course the most important part - radio/cassette - works like new.

--

Not related to this, but I was trying out a new garage and asked them to
go over the whole car and give me a list. The big item was both