price of labor on 97 crown victoria-intake- 4.6

i need to know the price of parts n labor on a 97 crown vic.....4.6 im trying to get my aunt to let me do it for her,instead of getting charged out the yin yang at a dealership.shes going thru a divorce,and bankruptcy please help .i need to do this for her,,i need to persuade her that i will do this for alot cheaper,and she wont have to take it back to the shop to get other things fixed,that werent wrong b4...thanx ....josh

Reply to
mobilemechanic76

I think they get like 4 hours for it, way too much, it takes about 1 hour after you've done a few. They are very easy. Call them and they will tell you exactly how much. As for the part call the dealer, I'm sure they have plenty in stock.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Replacement intakes for 4.6s aren't dealer only anymore. My local Federated affiliate has them in stock. I THINK about $200. Check your local "real" parts store like NAPA, Federated, Car Quest, etc. Chains like AutoZone, Murrays, etc. don't have them yet AFAIK.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Tom Adkins wrote

Car Quest is a REAL parts store?!!!!!?

Like the Car Quest labeled TFI my kid had to have put on because he was out of town that failed a month later?

Go figger!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I just did one in my 96 T-Bird. Never did it before and it's a bit of a pain in the butt. It is very doable for the novice though. I bought one online for $289. Make sure you buy one with and aluminum coolant crossover in front. Also, if it blew coolant all over the top of the engine, make SURE you pull the plug wires out and get down in there with something to dry the plug holes out and the wires. Will save you a lot of grief cuz it won't run right. If you want to know where I bought it, let me know and I'll look it up.

Reply to
ankhe105

Wel, .....yea. As opposed to AZ, Murrays, etc. They're sure not NAPA though. That Car Quest labelled module was likely made by Wells (worst), or Filco (2 notches up).

Reply to
Tom Adkins