wet carpet

2005 Taurus,carpet gets wet under riders foot.would air conditioner drain off possibly cause this?what do i look for and where? thanks
Reply to
manty

"manty" wrote in news:ec8a9f168ada86fa2fd176d978eaa091 @localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Yes

Look under heater housing above carpet, should see a V shaped drop at bottom toward firewall, then look under hood for rubber/plastic nipple through a grommet.

use a blunted flexible object to push into nipple no more than a couple inches.. should only encounter mild resistance to push blockage aside.

I thought later Taurii had cabin filters! Or had Vent air been musty for a while? could be 'moss' growing in there!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Greg

My sentiments exactly. The dealer must fix this. It is most likely from the AC, but a clogged drain isn't likely from mold or mildew in a 2005 model. There's either a foreign object stopping up the drain or the box that holds the evaporator is cracked or something.

It's also possible that the windshield is leaking, which is not unheard of in even a new car. However, it's most likely from the AC. Either way, it's the dealer's responsibility.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Or a windshield leak.

.. bamp

Reply to
bamp

If is smells sweet it could be a heater core leak too. That new a car I would suspect a mis routed / plugged drain or a glass / seal water leak seeping down into that area.

Reply to
Steve Stone

I had a 2003 Sable LS Premium with the same problem. There was a "silent" recall. After replacing cowl on passenger side, they had to also replace the carpeting and blower motor. Two years later,and eight more trips to the dealer, I had to trade the car in (Unfortunately at a big loss). I couldn't take the mold smell. Good luck.

Reply to
ccc101

Read the whole post and you'll see the second paragraph mentions the windshield as a possibility.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

You should be eligible for a free replacement under your states lemon laws. Seriously. I have a friend who took a car back over and over for leaking into the floor. After very little effort and a few calls from a lawyer, he got back to the penny what he paid for the car.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

It could be a heater core leak even if it doesn't smell sweet. Of course, there is a lot of labor involved fixing this, so it will smell sweet to the dealer if he has to fix it under.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff