Re: 1997 Mustang GT getting oil into cooling system

> I have a 97 GT mustang and I am getting oil into cooling system. The > coolant tank holds pressure and no coolant is getting it to the crank > case. The engine has no external leaks to speak of and is fairly sound > for its age with 150,000 miles on it. i suspect possibly the oil cooler > may have one way leak or possibly the adpter to crankcase gasket or > adpter to oil cooler "O" rings. have you ever run up on this type of > problem? thanks, Steve

When I've had coolant in the oil, it shows up first as a milky foam looking substance on the oil cap. If you've got something that vaguely resembles dirty mayo on the inside of your oil cap, or along with your oil when you drain it, you're in trouble.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Findley