Re: 2007 Tires on Focus

The sticker is a guideline only for comparison purposes.... but you knew that, right? The EPA figures are derived from some very closely monitored conditions... But you knew that too, right?

If the tires would rather spin that grab... it is time to "lift"....

31 which was a very long trip. I follow the speed limit and am easy on the pedal.

- John

> > The tires that came with my Ford Focus are from Korea and provide > > superior rolling resistance. In fact they account for one mile per > > gallon on the EPA sticker. However they seem to lack adequate > > traction as they would rather spin than grab. Has anyone seen this? > > Is it the tire? Just curious. > > > - John > > Now, I'm curious. Have 2008 Focus with foreign made tires as provided when > bought from dealer. Never saw any EPA declaration on these tires affecting > tire mileage. They do spin if I heavily put my foot on the accelerator in > first gear (5 speed manual). The result also leaves black marking spots on > both sides of the car aft of the wheel wells. Does your car make such a > tattle-tale? > -- > Dave > > 2008 Focus , 5 spd no frills coupe- to date per fillup - 33 mpg low - 39 > mpg > high.
Reply to
<mechanic