Re: Air Conditioner '01 Taurus

My 2 Cents,......i had a 1993 taurus, but i think this situation could probably apply to most any model ford car. The onboard computer has a trick up its sleve, if the coolent is getting too warm, the compresser will cut off. Where is the needle on the tempeture gauge going, once any taurus warms up, the needle never goes beyond about 1/4 of thw whole range. I was having the same trouble. it was cause engine coolent was getting too hot, a thermal sensor kicked in & told the computer of such, and turned off the AC compressor to keep thengine from getting any hotter. Replacing a $5.00 Thermostat fixed the problem, and keeps the enigine nice & cool no matter what the temp is outside. Just go ahead and replace the thermostat, if that dont work, look into wherever the sensor is for enigine overtemp.

Reply to
<someone