Re: Headlight Problem - 2001 Windstar

Well it seems we now have two self-proclaimed Experts involved in this

> thread and I really don't feel the need to waste anymore time in senseless > rebuttal to mentally challenged comments.

Wow, you can count to two.

Sorry Fans

Fans?

but my Headlight problem is solved with no expense at all. It > seems the the cover to the fuse panel was ajar and letting moisture in from > traveling the wet highway.

And you didn't notice this/couldn't figure it out when you ripped yourself off when you needlessly replaced the headlamp bulb?

How was all this accomplished you may ask:

May but didn't, not that that's going to stop your flapping gums...

First I consulted the owners manual to locate the fuse panel. > > Second after learning the fuse panel was under the hood I read the > instructions for opening the hood. > > Third I pulled the hood latch handle under the dash. > > Fourth I then vacated the drivers seat and positioned myself in front of the > van and then squeezed the tips of my fingers between the hood and the grill > and popped it free. > > Fifth I then depressed the latch button to free the hood from the latch > assembly. > > Sixth I then elevated the hood with one hand and then placed the rod into > the recept on the bottom side of the hood.

It took you eight years to figure all this out, and you had to consult the owners manual in order to accomplish it?

Amazing.

No wonder Michigan is "in the toilet."

Seventh I observed the cover to the fuse panel to be ajar and re-latched it.

You're a 'Big Boy' now.

Eighth I used the favorite tool of most Ford Factory Trained Certified > Mechanics and what would that be you ask? Why it's Duct Tape...and in a > matching colorno less...Black.

Actually, the favorite tool of -any- mechanic is observation and intuition, and it took you how many usenet posts to muster that up?

Ninth I stripped off enough duct tape to seal and hold the fuse panel cover > down to prevent any further self un-latching due to the poor quality of the > plactic cover. Problem solved with immediate successful testing on a very > wet I-94 at 70mph for 10 miles or so, I believe that distance was long > enough and more than what it would normaly take for any headlight failure.

Very thorough.

My primary purpose for the above play-by-play was to educate the two > self-proclaimed Authorized Ford Factory Trained Certified Mechanics who were > very busy spilling their ignorant rebuttals in this thread and have learned > how to open the hood on a Windstar and not have the Service Manager do it > for them.

Actually, your purpose was to demonstrate to us that you don't mind making an ass of yourself because you have managed to do it again.

Woo-EEE, lookit me, I figgered out how to open the hood of my eight year old shit box!

My advice to others in this group is NEVER take your vehicle to a Automible > Dealership unless it's Warranty Work and for Nothing Else! They are and have > been traditionaly more expensive than other Repair Facilities, if they were > the Final Answer in repairs and reasonably priced Everybody would be using > them.

Got news for you kiddo; taping the fuse box cover down is hardly a proper repair if in fact the problem was a wet fuse. But now that you know where the fuse box is, you can amaze your friends and family with your technical expertise when you beat on -it- with your fist.

Adios, I see no reason to subscribe to this newsgroup, and by all means to > the Shade Tree Mechanics Keep Leaving Those Greasy Fingerprints On The Hood > And Steering Wheel!

Indeed, you will certainly be better served subscribing to alt.how.do.I.tie.my.own.shoelaces

Reply to
aarcuda69062