Re: i hate ford, it's really bad car!

Yea but I just cant quit buying them ;0)

Reply to
mjjohn

If you want to catch the "BIG" fish.... You need a bigger worm.

Troll scale 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to
Jim P

He probably has a teeny-weeny worm- that's why he trolls.

Reply to
Tom F.

I hate ford opined in news:3f9e8de1 snipped-for-privacy@news.estpak.ee:

Mmmm... If oyu look around you can probably find one of those fine Fiats to drive... or do you prefer Peugeots or Renaults....

Of course the Trabant was a REALLY fine specimen of eastern european engineering.

I'm sure they litter the side roads of Estonia and you can pick up one cheap.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

That's nice...now go back outside and lay down...

Reply to
Buck

I dont think this is necessarily a troll. I am a senior citizen. I have always bought American made vehicles. In nearly 40 years of driving, I have owned 5 Fords, 8 GM vehicles, 4 Chrysler made, and one International Harvester truck.

All of these were used vehicles, and all were full sized, either V8 or straight 6 cyl engines.

Of these, the GM vehicles have been the most reliable, and I rate them very high.

The Chrysler (plymouth and dodge) vehicles were fair, with their biggest problem being their auto transmissions.

The IH truck was in pretty worn condition when I got it, but it was fair and pretty reliable.

The Fords were the worst, leaving me stranded far too often and breaking down continously.

I am not bashing Fords to be nasty, i am just being honest. Most of the GM cars needed tires, batteries, exhaust, brakes, front end work, and regular tuneups and maintenance. The Chrysler vehicles needed the same as above, plus transmission work far too often, plus their starters are crap. The Fords needed EVERYTHING fixed all the time. Blown engines killed most of them, plus transmissions, cracked starter housings are common, and everything under the sun went wrong with them. One even caught on fire from their crappy carburetors.

There's one thing I like about Fords, and that is their solenoid is mounted on the firewall. Other than that, I hate Fords. I stopped owning Fords 30 years ago, except for my current Ford F150 pickup truck. My current car is an Olds and I have driven it for 8 years with only the standard problems I listed above, plus a timing chain replacement. I got 240,000 miles on it now. The F150 truck is a little better than the Ford cars, but it still needs repairs continuously.

I have only had to junk one of the GM vehicles because the engine failed (at 300,000). The biggest reason I have had to get rid of them is because the frames rust out. The chryslers I junked because of a combination of frame rustouts and transmissions failing far too often. The Fords, I junked because of blown engines, engine fires, transmission failures, and just because I was tired of being stranded and paying every cent I earned to fix them.

I plan to sell this truck soon, and I will never buy another Ford car, truck, or anything. I will stick to GM from now on. There is one exception to this. I will never buy another GM FWD compact car. Thats one exception to my good luck with GMs. I got an Olds 4 cyl compact, and all I can say "what a piece of shit".

Just my honest opinion!!!!

  • No valid email address provided *
Reply to
Me

Me wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And a lot of us have had exactly the same experiences you relate, except with GM cars. My friends all drive Chevys, and there ain't a time when somebody doesn't need a new tranny or have an engine on the hook.

Engine fires? Cracked starter housing? I've owned many Fords and have never experienced either one of these things. I've never driven one less than

200,000 miles, and that includes 302, 352, 390, 400, 429 V-8s, 2.8 V-6, and 2.3 inline 4. The only reason I ever open my hood is to check fluids. The most recent mechanical failure I had was a bad thermostat 2 years ago.

You say that you are merely a senior citizen sharing your experiences, but your actions say otherwise. Posting crap to this group and even going so far as to build a Flaming Fords website says that you are way more than you claim to be.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

Reply to
donutbandit

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

My Dad has been driving for over 40 years. His first & last car was a Ford. The rest were all GM's including his present 1989 Pontiac 6000 which is 15 years old & still starts on 1/2 a starter turn. I truly beleive that GM's are better than fords. To each his own, this is just my opinion.

Reply to
Black Bomb

i felt i had to chime in on this tread.

this is a true story - mine. isn't one of those happen to my buddy type stories.

in the 1960's and 70's, i owned 6 oldsmobiles. most gave satisfactory service, but like any other car, they did have their share of problems.

and i've had the damnest things happen that people would say, "aw, that couldn't happen."

here are some facts.

i had a 1960 model ford that the automatic transmission blew up at a dead stop at idle. just put it in reverse to back up and heard a pop or snap. the piece that clamps the reverse band broke and shot through the top of the case leaving about a 3" hole. was still able to drive the car 50 miles to get back home and get transmission replaced. did ford make a bad car?

i had a 1965 olds 98, was backing up doing about 5 mph, when the transmission blew up. in this case, one of the planetary gears in the front set had "crystalized" (not my words - but mechanic) and was brittle and just shattered and locked up the gear set. again, i was able to drive the car. had no low or reverse. did GM make a bad car?

by the way, that is the only time, i've ever had any trouble out of the transmission since i've been driving, other than one areostar.

i have acquired 6 mustang GT's. they are my pride and joy. they are made to be driven hard and put away wet. and they don't give me any trouble, but if they were. am i to say that ford made a bad car?

~ curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional

Reply to
c palmer

this all boils down to one thing. you get what you pay for. you can not judge a new ford as a ps when all you buy are used cars. you have no idea what abuse the car was put through before you got it.i can say almost the same thing as you, but only the opposite. in the past 30 years i have had over 30 cars and trucks. 4 new gm products, and they were the biggest pieces of junk i have ever seen. the 10 used ones were not to much better either. the crysler products were not bad, but they were a pain to get parts for.i have 4 new ford trucks, and 3 new ford cars over the past 15 years, and still have every one of them ,some with over 200,000 miles on them .

Reply to
Falcoon

That flaming ford site is not mine!

Reply to
Me

I do agree with this, but I personally have had much better luck with GM vehicles, even those that were totally worn out would get me home, while the Fords left me stranded.

As for the new cars, It may be all different now. The newest car I have owned is a 1986. Personally I dont want a newer car. They are too small, got those dang weak aluminum 4 cyl engines with no power and a short life expectency, and they are all far too complicated and tightly packed to work on. That 86 Olds FWD with the 4 cyl engine was one of the worst cars I ever owned to work on, and from what I have seen and heard, thats nothing compared to the newer ones. And, that POS left me stranded more than once. That is the one GM car that I really disliked. But the old RWD 8cyl models were great!

Reply to
Me

IIRC, the Crown Vic is still made the way it was years ago - big solid V-8 engine. That's pretty much it, though - all the rest are aluminum and plastic.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

It's too bad that there are so few cars made now a days that are still built to last. And look at the prices they charge now..... Even considering inflation, they are 2 or more times what they used to cost. It's all the garbage they put in them now. Myself, I have no use for any of those things. I dont need power windows and locks. Dont need a cd or dvd player - a plain am-fm radio is fine. I dont want a navagation system, I got a map. I dont need (or want) a computerized engine (but there is no choice).

Personally all i really want is a body, complete with windows and seats, steering wheel, tires, brakes, engine and auto or manual transmission. Power steering - power brakes - am/fm radio are the ONLY accessories that I desire. Is that too much to ask?

I think we are going to have to start building our own cars soon, if we want simething durable. I wanted to keep my old V8 GM car forever, but the frame and body is starting to go to shit. I keep patching the body, and already welded the frame, but there is only so much patching that can be done, before a vehicle just falls apart.

Reply to
me

You *could* go kit car, though, if you want a pure no-frills bulletproof design, you have to go back a few years to 4*4s. The Defender 90, for instance, is hardly changed from the same design they've been selling in the U.K. for decades. Mercedes still makes their Unimog, which is a hell of a tank - indestructable and then some.

But cars? Few left anymore - you're better off spending $20K on a mint condition 60's vehicle.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

YES "ME"~~ YOU ARE A TROLL! Posting argumentative rubbish on a ford Newsgroup is TROLLING What make you think this group cares 1 Iota about you GM sucess stories. Fornication of Unclean Carnal Knowledge~You've Outlasted Usefulness ~~~~PLONK~~~~ Go Figure. any doubts look here Anti Troll FAQ BeeVee

Reply to
BeeVee

That's YOUR opinion, ASSHOLE.

This NG is here to discuss AUTOS and FORD. That's what I am doing.

Take your TROLL and shove it up your ass PLONK

Reply to
me

So you're in the UK. That changes things a lot. In the US we have much less choices. I cant say I ever heard of a Defender 90.... Mercedes is here, and from what I hear they are excellent, but on my income, I'd never be able to afford one. Only the wealthy in the US can buy them.

Reply to
me

Nope - not in the U.K. They DID import the Defender 90 for a couple of years and guess what I want to get used?

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander