Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid

If you did a search you will discover you are wrong. The greatest percentage of the budget goes to entitlements, not national défense. If we don't spend enough on défense EVERYTHING else will be gone

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 05:46:21 -0500, Joe > Maybe we should stop sending troops all over the world to protect the > investments of the wealthy. Since we spend more on offense than the > rest of the world combined, spending less would mean lower taxes. The > rich can go protect their investments themselves, using their kids.
Reply to
Mike hunt

In message news:i5-dnehkNZip3MzVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net, "Mike hunt" burned some brain cells writing:

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are being funded OFF-BUDGET.

Do you consider the maintenance of military presence in 130 countries to be "defense"? If so, explain how China considers itself safe without doing the same.

Reply to
Klark Kent