Re: What Is an American Car?

However, the MATERIALS and the COMPONENTS used to ASSEMBLE the Camry and the

>parts do NOT originate in the US or Canada, according the US Commerce >Department.

Gives US/Canada origin parts content and location of assembly for

2005-2009 vehicles sold in the US (though 2009 is incomplete now).

According to the stuff there, the 2009 Camry (non-hybrid) has 75% US/Canada origin parts. For 2008 and 2007, the percentage was 70% and 75% respectively. Final assembly is listed as being both US/Canada and outside (which you can determine for each individual car by looking at the first character of the VIN).

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

I didn't know that there was a site with the info.

Thanks for posting it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff