rocket arms coming off- ford

car was shaking real bad...tokk valve cover off and 3 rocket arms were off and just laying there..we took the heads off and sent to machine shop..almost $800 repairs..put heads back on ,started the engine..drove about 30 miles and rocket arms came off again..please help

2002 ford explorer xlt...
Reply to
tci320mgr

Rocket arms? Is this the new "NASA edition?"

Reply to
Jeff

rocker arms- sorry

Reply to
john

I am shooting in the dark and making only a WAG at your problem, but I would bet on bad/sticking lash adjusters or low oil pressure to the heads. The rocker becomming dislodged is not necessarily a good reason to remove the heads. You need to provide more info on exactly which engine you have; it makes a difference.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Bad hydraulic lifters

Reply to
Ripcord

I know. I was just having fun with the "Space Explorer."

Please tell us what engine this has.

Also, search the internet to see if there are any technical service bulletins on this.

Were the rocker arms the same ones that came off?

You may want to call and ask the machine shop about this. Perhaps they have had costumers with similar problems. And, if they put the rocker arms on, it is their problem.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

4.6 engine
Reply to
john

engine 4.6

Reply to
john

valves ticking might cause that. how olds our fuel?

ds549