sl ford hires this teck lmfao

It doesn't matter what pressure I align the vehicle at as long as the

>pressures are equal side to side.... What do you do? Bag your customer for >an alignment every time he loads his vehicle different? If your customer >loads his axle to max capacity, is he doomed to running his tire at a less >than ideal pressure because of a "recommendation" on the door sticker? >Steerike One!!! >

lmfao what happens to alignment when you change pressur??

also what do you do to the built in understeer condition

LMFAO

better take a course in alignment

BTW max load of vehicle does NOT mean add more air to tires

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply to
3 dog nite

Uniformly? or side to side? Radial or Bias Belted? With many newer vehicles Caster isn't adjustable so I'd reckon that would stay the same

What exactly do you mean by this? If the vehicle is intended to be driven by 'joe/jane public' you leave the settings stock. If it's going to be raced the goal more often tends towards neutral.

Perhaps you should learn something about tyre construction and dynamics. Failing that read a few owners manual. (try the section under towing/high speed conditions).

Duuuhhhh !

Reply to
Some ga

Well, let's see... if I raise the pressure enough to cause a 3mm change in ride height on both front, I haven't changed camber on whit.... The 0.1 degree of caster change (also being equal) isn't going to amount to a hill of beens since typical caster windows are about 2 degrees. Bump steer characteristics wont change since I haven't changed tie rod angle. Understeer/oversteer is more an effect of front to rear weight bias than most alignment settings (though negative camber and toe out will make them turn in better).... not forgetting that this characteristic is also affected by other suspension geometry that is largely unadjustable (or has no provision made for adjustment).

We'll pose a question that you wont answer anyway... what affect does camber spread and caster spread have on steering?

You're coming up limper and lamer with each passing post. You appear to be using a shovel to try and get out of a hole.

Reply to
Jim Warman

spread which way?

lmfao you better redo your math and show me your work

Reply to
3 dog nite

It doesn't matter "which way"... caster and camber have an inter-relationship... caster spread and camber spread have their own unique effects.

Notice I have done no math to show and if I did, it certainly wouldn't be shown to you.

Reply to
Jim Warman

lmfao castor does not change with pressure on most vehicles TARD

lmfao public roads are not a race track

Reply to
3 dog nite

um yea it does i can off set a camber pull with castor

you see the numbers can be in the green but you can still have a half ass alignment

yup ya made up a bunch of numbers

thats what I thought

hurc ast

hurc ast

Reply to
3 dog nite

Which "numbers" are fabricated? Have someone read the manual for you.... caster "windows" are typically along the lines of 2 degrees with some even being larger.

I would suggest that you are certainly in no position to pretend to play 'high and mighty'.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

hence my initial "leave it stock"

BUT ! if it's going to be raced or used otherwise, you adapt it for what it's going to be used for. Simple serving the customers needs.

Reply to
Some ga

They give you a colour coded alignment rack?

I suppose they've got to make it for who's using it ;-)

Reply to
Some ga

lmfao and the 3 mm

lmfao

lmfao tell me warman how many camber degrees will compensate for a castor degree

come on

Reply to
3 dog nite

What is "castor"??? Oh, yeah... it's a legume.... they used to make motor oil from it - some racers used it right up to the '70s. Considering your mouth, it sounds like your momma fed you a lot of castor oil in your time.

Y'see, bowser.... I don't need to answer your questions. I have absolutely nothing to prove to you because you simply don't matter.

Reply to
Jim Warman

becaause you dont know lmfao

Reply to