Source for plastic parts

Can anyone recommend souces for plastic exterior parts? Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

Try here:

They seem to have a pretty decent assortment of parts.

(Did you get your Probe headlight fixed?)

Reply to
SC Tom

Thanks, SC. Yep, so simple I'm almost ashamed to talk about it. :OD = Butt being a big mouth.... I removed the power steering reservoir (2 = bolts), swung it up and out of the way, reached down and snapped the = lever back on by hand. Took all of 5 minutes. Which gave me 55 minutes = more to "try it out" by driving down to the local doughnut shop and = reading the paper.

Thanks for the site - good one but didn't have what I was looking for - = plastic lens for front parking lights, center front light.

Reply to
Guv Bob

What vehicle is it for?

On a side note, I had a 1989 Probe GL. Man, I loved that car! Handled like a real sports car, and ran like a scalded dog, even without the turbo. It was in the family since new, and I was the second owner. At about 150K miles, it started nickel and diming me to death, so in 2000 I traded it in. Sometimes wish I had kept it as a play toy, though.

Reply to
SC Tom

Actually a '90 Mitsubishi Eclipse - same as a Probe from what I hear. = Was hoping Ford parts would be cheaper and easier to find. If they have = the Ford emblem, so much the better! LOL!! This one runs great - just = some minor cosmetic fix-ups needed. Has 120-140K -- something like = that. Has less than 50K on rebuilt trans and head.

Reply to
Guv Bob

I think the Probe was actually a Mazda. The maintenance man where I worked had an '89 Mazda that looked a lot like mine, and swore they were pretty much the same car.

A quick search turned up this:

SC Tom

And the Eagle Talon was an Eclipse.

Another side note: I traded my Probe in on a new 2000 Eclipse GS. THAT was a sweet ride, too! Unfortunately, the worse my knee got, the harder it was to get in and out of it, and I traded it in on a new '02 Escape (another Mazda). I still have it, and really like it. I'll probably keep it for a few more years.

-- SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Not a problem :-) I thought something was amiss from the other post; my brother had a Talon, and I remember it looking like an older Eclipse, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.

Good parts hunting! Any junk yards around that might have one in the back corner?

Reply to
SC Tom

something

Doh!! You are right! I checked my service manual and right on the = front it calls out Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon. Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

Yes, I'm checking junk yards but so far all are faded or yellowed. In = fact, I went thru this before and wound upI removing the lenses, pouring = sand, soap and water inside and shaking them good. Got good and clean = with surprisingly little or no scratching. Tried without the sand but it = wouldn't clean up good in the hard to get to corners.

Another part I'm looking for is both visor brackets - also plastic. Too = much tension on the bar from the visors I'm sure. I broke one, then = reached over to flip down the passenger side and it broke the same day! = LOL!! Not original, but pretty easy to make replacements for these out = of metal and more practical.

Enough about Eclipses in the FORD newsgroup!! :O)

Reply to
Guv Bob