speedo nfg after tranny flush?

I had my transmission flushed on a 95 windstar. The tranny has 150,000 miles on it. After picking it up I noticed the speedometer wasn't working but as the engine(and tranny) warmed up the display would begin to work. When the van is warmed up it works fine. The transmission also doesn't shift right when it first is driven down the street. The car will rev much higher in first before it shifts into second much later than before. All this has happened since the tranny fluid and filter were changed. It is about 32 degrees F around here now, but just like the speedo the problem with late shifts goes away as the fluid warms... within a couple of blocks for the shifting problem to go away and few minutes of warming will restore the speedometer function. I'm wondering if the shop used the right fluid... it wasn't a Ford dealership that did the work...

any help will be appreciated, thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave+Sheri