Taurus calls for p215/60-r16 but car has p225/60 r16 on it right now? what to do?

2002 ford taurus, it's got p225 60 R16 tires on it now and need to replace the front 2 tires only. Is if safe/proper to go ahead and replace the 2 front tires with the size that is on the car now?
I ask because Sears,PepBoys,FireStone and other online 'Tire Selectors', including specs, call for P215 60 R16
So what is the deal guys?
thanks
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:23:10 -0400, Pedro Sanchez IV

If replacing only 2, put on what is on. Both work just fine - but should be same on all 4. Best is to replace all 4 at once, but I know financially that can be difficult in these times