Now, where else but the dealers can I go to get services done on my 2005 legacy in the future?

My 3 year warranty is up on the 26th. The dealer I have been going to has shown to live up to the accusations made about dealers in general. in this latest 30,000 miles service, the girl failed to deduct the amount for replacing sparks plug which I found out after the service was done that it was needed only at 60,000 miles for this car. (I am sure she knew but didn't tell me ahead but I asked the detail of everything done in the service and so found out about it.) She argued with me that it's additional charge. I said "One surprise after another" to make her realize that I wasn't buying her line though I didn't specifically said that I wasn't going to pay hat amount. I knew she was manipulating me but because I didn't want my day ruined any further, I didn't say that she needed to deduct it. But after I left, I turned around, after deciding to let her know that I paid the full price not because I agreed with her and also pointed to her about her manipulation with words. She was stubborn and wouldn't budge. So I left knowing that I needed to deal with this con artist. So, I left messages for the manager where I said I will share this experience with many people all over the internet.

I was pissed off enough with her messing up my schedule yesterday trying to save loaning me a car - she didn't offer me a loner car and said it would take 5 hours and I didn't ask for it because they could give me a ride to the hair salon and pick me up but after total

5 hours and I went to her and asked her about my car only to learn that it would be another 2 hours and voila with an offer of a loaner car, I said "you are offering me this after you wasted my time? She said it was a full-day service. I said, "You didn't tell me that when I was making appointment with you". I let the manager know - this was done in person. Of course, he tried to cover for her but I didn't let him. I left his office saying that I was unhappy. I also that I wasn't coming back. Later, I called and left a message telling him in his voice mail that I controlled my anger and did not show because I was not going to give them any more business. I wrapped my message with "You lost a customer".

I was pissed off already but with this stunt of cheating attempt for spark plus work, she made me having to call the manager again - he was not in at that time - to let him know what I planned to do which is what I am doing RIGHT now. He called me back acting like I was a trouble maker, offering me to refund the whole amount put on my credit card in the form of a check. The amount was after the service credit of $72.54 that I had with them. That service .was for the previous girl failing to check the tires - I made the specific request cus pressure looked too low; I requested after they brought the car to me after an oil change since I forgot to tell the girl beforehand. She said it was done but I knew it wasn't done as the tire pressure still looked the same but she was busy and so I left, planning to put air on my own. But I got busy and before I got a chance to check, I had a flat tire in the rain and had a long day and also costed me having to replace rather than repair. So, I informed the manager about the consequences I faced.

When he returned the call, during the conversation, he said something like "I was going to give you some service credit but after you said this, I won't'. What I said was that either she lied or she was incompetent to not see that the tire pressure was too low and the guy who was supposed to check did not check. So I told him that he insulted me with covering for her and pointed out his failure to acknowledge my complaint. He ended up checking into the matter and voila!. There was no paper work on that by the tech guy. When he asked the girl, she said she took his word. So, he ended up offering me some service credit. So, I gave them another chance, which was my last oil change and then this latest service check.

This latest experience made me realize that since my warranty is up in a couple of weeks anyway, it's time I stop using their service if these girls are going to be like that.The first one used to be good. I don't know what happened to her. . The second one, the one I made an appointment with this lasttime was a con artist from the beginning.

The manager said he is mailing the check to me tomorrow, obviously to shut me up as I had told him in the message I left that this info of my experience will be in all Subaru forums I can find on the Internet. Some of you may be curious which dealer this is. Stay tuned....

BTW, when I made the appointment, I asked her in detail what were going to be done. I also told her that I would want to see the list when I come in before I agree to the work order. Still, after she made me signed, she failed to give me a copy and I had to ask. Like I said, this girl was all about ripping me off. Plain stupid to pull the stunt she did with failure to adjust their rate due to not needing spark plugs replacement.

Okay, this is one forum....

Now, I'll wait to see whether he actually send the check or not.

Reply to
curious

[snip]

Frankly, you sound like a whiney bitch to me. This dealership is likely delighted to have lost you as a customer.

If your concerns were legitimate, I sense from the "more heat than light" nature of your post that you didn't articulate your concerns very effectively, perhaps not to the right people empowered to give you what you wanted, and perhaps not even giving them a concrete idea of what you wanted.

Such individuals are nearly impossible to satisfy.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

If I am labeled whiney bitch for not taking it sitting like a duck, I take it as a compliment.

Dealership only wants customers whom they can manipulate and rip off.

B;lah..b;ah..blah..

More blah blah..blah ..

Yet more blah..blah..blah.. You must be retarded to make a comment like this about someone you do not know. Typical of average Americans..

Reply to
mm

No.

There are ways to assert your rights, make your points and get satisfaction without being labeled a whiney bitch.

I'm far from an average American, and I know a whiney bitch when I read one.

Kudos on your attempts to get satisfaction but the fault here lies not entirely with the dealership, best I can tell. I tell you this for your own good so you dont' find yourself so disappointed with the next poor bastards who have to service your car.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Todd, don't feed the troll! Let's see how many more id's the dope can come up with - curious, mm, 'whiney bitch'....!

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Yeah, right. Tell me when that works when using with crooks.

It is your opinion. isn't it? I don't miss my sleep over it. I am sure there are plenty of people who would just love to know the name of the dealer.

You become an average American and an idiot at that, when you jump at me with name calling, accusing me that I whine.

Not entirely? How many more ways did I have to show to her that I wasn't going to be one of those who would just say yes? If I had any fault, it was paying for the total w/o insisting which I did it because that was what i needed it done at that moment. I am hypoglycemic and I had a late lunch and was still in recovery at that moment and decided not to take a chance getting myself into more risky situation when driving.

But after I left, I decided to at least let her know that it was not because I bought her stupid explanation that I walked away paying her for service I didn't get.

Really? You mean name calling and trying to intimidate was your way of telling me for my own good?

have to service your car Thanks but not thanks. When people like us crossed the pacific ocean and start a new life in a foriegn county, be assured that we know what we are doing. Here are a few example of how I took care of things:

- Living at a campus housing apartment complex managed privately, when I decided to transfer to another university and needed to get out of the 12 months lease finding a replacement, the redneck wouldn't let me. So, I took the matter to the school's student affairs office as suggested by the other girl, a Vietnamese descendant, who was born here

- Renting the dorm size refrigerator from a guy delivered on campus - at this other university, I was also living on campus housing apartments but mange by the school, when I returned the unit by taking it to where they collect at the end of the semester, I did not get my deposit back and was told that it will be mailed to me. Never received and all my phone calls were not answered. So, I told about this to the student council on campus. At the beginning of the next semester, that office called me informed me that there was a truck delivering the fridge though it was a different business name. I called the guy, pretending as if I was interested in getting a unit. When he came - the bastard was the same guy form whom i rented the unit, as I arranged with all my friends who also live in that graduate housing, surrounding me, I asked the guy some questions about rental arrangement and then asked whether he always comes her every semester. After he said yes, I told him that he looks very familiar to me because it was form him that I rented last semester and that I have not yet received my deposit refund with my phone calls ignored. Now with all my friends around me, the poor bastard chose to offer me cash refund right then and there.

- In the same city, I bought a commuting flight to make a connection through a travel agency but when it got canceled, I told the agency to get me my refund but they acted as if the air line was not refunding while they put no effort getting the money for me. Finally, I told them that if I don't hear an offer of the refund in 3 days, I am taking it to the legal office at school and let the representative from the school handle filing a lawsuit. I was told that the airline was going bankruptcy and that I would not get my money back. I said, "let the judge decide whether the poor student deserves to be ripped off". Within two days, I called a call, and as soon as I knew who it was, I simply said, "you have 3 days to mail a refund check with express mail" or I am filing a lawsuit via the school which would cost me nothing to file.

There are a few more such as UPS failing to deliver my book - and failed repeatedly at that - finally, informing me that they have no way to get inside the condo property. Of course, they lied that the management change the code while the guy lost the remote control. They expected me to pick it up at their UPS office the other side of town. That, after I paid express shipping. So, I contacted BBB via online.

There are a few other situations..

Now, if I am a bitch for doing what I have to do, I say it again: "I take it as a compliment. "

Reply to
curious

Is your definition of a troll "having many ids"? obviously, another American idiot.

Reply to
curious

So your allegation is that it's better to be a Burmese (generally wonderful folks that I've met) who's unfortunately assimilated America fast enough to be a fast-track entitlement-minded Californian whiner?

Well, sometimes you have to hurt to help.

You sign a year's lease and got upset that the person who was counting on 12 months of income out of that utilization of their capital tried to hold you to the legal agreement you signed?

Well, kudos to that. You had a legitimate gripe. I bet you could've gotten satisfaction witha few phone calls too, though.

Your stories are growing tiring.

I think I like you better than the idiots who take things lying down and let companies walk all over them. But you've gone to the opposite extreme I think... and I wonder if you're someone that trouble always manages to find because your attitude seems to always be looking for some conflict rather than being focused more on an equitable solution.

But that's just me having fun with armchair usenet psychology.

Enjoy your hunt for a new service facility. Did you ever bother to include in your long tirade where you're located? Perhaps more constructive information like that might focus more on solving your problem (i.e. finding a new auto servicer) than on your belabored stories of consumer oppression.

But then again, I think you are more interested in the drama than an actual solution. :-)

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Good observation dude. I think the OP is just so on the rag....maybe if she dislikes Americans so much, she should stop sponging off the nice folks in Cali that are paying for her matriculation and go back the f*ck wherever she came from. If any of these events actually happened anywhere besides the confines of her poisoned mind she should publicize names and dates, so the concerned parties could launch lawsuits for the libel and slander this ditz is spouting.

gotbent

Reply to
gotbent

As long as it's not Texas. We don't want her either!

PS Todd, your posts were well thought out and surprisingly restrained in the face of that fury. I've done the same in face to face conflicts with customers, but don't know that I could have done the same on the internet.

Reply to
Dave

Thank you for showing to the world by an excellent example how a typical American idiots's thought processing work, like a retard, of course.

According to this American idiot, matriculation classes in US are held at the Universities in US.

Reply to
curious

There is an example of a Bubba.

Thank you on behalf of Todd for trying to help save his face but you do know that it would not work, didn't you? But then being a Bubba, you couldn't possibly have know, have you?

Reply to
curious

Looks like Gotbent hit a nerve. Your original post was just a whine and not worthy of discussion.

Reply to
Frank

"But then being a Bubba, you couldn't possibly have known, could you?"

There, I fixed it for you. What do you know, I can be civil over the internet! You have a great day darlin'! Buhbye!

Reply to
Dave

Welcome to America, then darlin. You are officially an idiot, because you have made the broad brush painting mistake of putting a label on me that doesn't fit.

No, Dopey, I was just clarifying that I had no negative perception of the Burmese so that it was crystal clear that it was YOU who I thought was a pain in the ass of your own merit, and not by virtue of any stereotyping. Copiche?

Darlin, we Americans have been taught so little about Burma that you'll struggle to find anyone who can point to it on a map within

2000 miles much less have any resentment to Burmese immigrants specifically, and far less to care about British rule or any of the geo political crapola associated with the country.

You're giving our capacity to be prejudiced against your countrymen way too much credit.

You need some therapy. Seriously. You are a bitter bitter ball of wax. Calling you jaded would be be an affront to jaded people. Life's too short to be THAT pissed off all the time.

And I'll leave this quote of mine for further review:

Be well. Best of luck with your Subaru.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

If you say so but I stand on my point: You became one when you called me whiney bitch in your first reply..

Sigh. And I was letting you know that the majoirty of those lovely people you referred to are not so lovely.

I was only elaboraying about those *LOVELY* people.

I did not say anything about your capacity toward Burmese. I was saying about your (as a general term, not you per se) capacity toward forigners especially nn-white ones in general.

Not all the time. Just right now and it comes out in this forum only for reasons you should know. You triggered tenfold it out of me. yes, you get the credit.

Yeah, it was my attitude of "Not everyone is ut to get me" that got me to where I was with the dealer place I was at. Everything I have done since I got that car, I gave them the business and even with my making sure that I didn't just say "yes, 30,000 miles service" and took over, they tried messing with me. That pissed me off. Is that so hard for you to understand and call me a whiney bitch? Acknowledge that you were way off just like a typical American.

I will. And I already have a mechanic shop I was referred to. I was in the area yesterday and stopped by and introduced myself to him, the owner. He told me that Subaru needs very little maintenance, a sign of honesty. I had all 4 new tires put end of January (thanks ot the courtesy of the dealer's failing to check my tires as I requested) at Les Schwab and their CS is great. Before going to Les Schwab, I stopped by at a tire place that was willing to replace just the one tire that was flat with the same model but asked ridiculous price. Even Les Schwab didn't give me any compensation for my old tires but I was too busy to bother getting rid of them myself by selling.

BYE.

Reply to
curious