timing marks on Zetec 1600 16valve engine

can anyone advise where to find the timing marks on the zetec 1600 16valve (1998engine)I changed my timing belt but must have done something to the ohc settings. How do I make sure the setting is correct. Right now my engine runs unease.

Reply to
dirtyharry

I don't know if the 1.6l Zetec is the same, but the 2.0l Zetec-E engine doesn't have timing marks for the purpose of lining up the timing belt- there is a special bolt that you insert through the bell housing into the flywheel that keeps the crankshaft at TDC, then the two cams are lined up by inserting a piece of steel across the slots cut into the end of each cam. I paid about $25 USD for the kit.

Reply to
Mark Olson