tom picknose failed second year apprentice

>>> You should know why EGR controls NOX, do you not? Answer that and we will >>> move forward. >> >> Yes, I know how EGR controls NOX. I'm not arguing this with you. > >Good then you know that introducing more inert gas to the intake air does what? >Lowers combustion temp's. Now you have a plugged exhaust. Exhaust does not >leave. Because of that there is not a pressure drop or very little pressure drop >in the cylinder because it's still full or partially full. Because of that >little to no pressure drop little to no fresh air enters the cylinder at intake >stroke. The cylinder is full of mostly inert gas. How well is combustion process >going to be? Not very well. Just like when you dilute the intake air with a >little exhaust you drop the combustion temp's, with a lot of exhaust you get >even less combustion temp's. Low enough that the cooling system is way over >capicity to do a real nice job of taking out any built up heat. > > > >> What I have seen is exhaust manifolds glowing bright orange in broad daylight >> due to exhaust restriction, along with (to the driver) a sharp increase in >> cooling system temperature. >> The most vivid recollection was on a 1966 FE (428 cid) powered motor >> home.(the first case I ever saw). The H pipe was of a triple wall design and >> the inner "wall" collapsed, mostly plugging the exhaust flow. The only >> noticible concern was overheating and a slight lack of power. (Along with >> excessive heat radiating from the doghouse). > > >Slight lack of power with a pipe that had collapsed makeing a pig plug? What do >you take me for? >

an idiot u just proved it yourself lmfao The catalytic converter consists of small amounts of precious metal deposited on a ceramic substrate. The failure mode is chemical ie poisoning the precious metal with contminants like lead in gas or mechanical, breaking up the ceramic substrate. Plugging is mechanical failure (the ceramic substrate gets broken up into small fine pieces)

normal thermal cycling will eventually cause the ceramic to start to crumble. Cats are designed to last 100k miles minimum but if the car is driven only on short trips (every trip thermal cycles the cat) then early failure could result.

Second, thermal shock will cause the ceramic to break up. Having the car (and cat) up to operating temperature and driving thru deep water for a long enough period will cause a thermal shock that could cause problems.

Unlike the earlier two-way converters that could perform their job relatively efficiently with a lean fuel mixture, the catalyst inside a three-way converter that reduces NOX requires a rich fuel mixture. But a rich fuel mixture increases CO levels in the exhaust. So to reduce all three pollutants (HC, CO and NOX), a three-way converter requires a fuel mixture that constantly changes or flip flops back and forth from rich to lean. This, in turn, requires feedback carburetion or electronic fuel injection, plus an oxygen sensor in the exhaust to keep tabs on what?s happening with the fuel mixture.

Converters may also fail if they get too hot. This can be caused by unburned fuel in the exhaust. Contributing factors include a rich fuel mixture, ignition misfire (a fouled spark plug or bad plug wire) or a burned exhaust valve that leaks compression. Fuel in the exhaust has the same effect as dumping gasoline on a bed of glowing embers. Things get real hot real fast. If the converter?s temperature climbs high enough, it can melt the ceramic substrate that supports the catalyst causing a partial or complete blockage inside. This increases backpressure, preventing the engine from exhaling and robbing it of power. Fuel consumption may shoot up and the engine may feel sluggish at higher speeds. Or, if the converter is completely plugged, the engine may stall after starting and not restart.

lmfao now lets see restrited exhaust loaded engine hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i bet you get a rich condition hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coverter makes heat plugs more engine is more loaded condition gets richer more heat

hey pick nose

yor failed yeat too

no canada for you lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

Show me a 1966 vehicle with a catalytic converter. I've never seen one. I doubt your old enough to know what a 1966 vehicle no less a Ford FE engine looks like. Look at the above text, where do you see a cat converter mentioned?

Reply to
pick one

lmfao

and SCOLL UP u ilterate tard you said your most vivid recollection the other stiff was abou a tarus

TOM WINS

lmfao hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

Ok, I just scrolled up, where Did I miss the name Taurus? The most "vivid recollection" was on a 1966 FE (428 cid) powered motor home. (the first case I ever saw). 1966 Taurus?

Reply to
pick one

BTW, I did not have the "most vivid recollection", that was Tom Adkins. Now why is a restricted exhaust going to cause an engine over heat? Explain how a oxygen starved fire can make ample heat to damage an engine? I want to know the answer. Explain how the engine cooling system does not come into play. Explain how you can get enough oxygen into a cylinder that is already full of an inert gas to excite combustion. What part of science explains that?

Reply to
pick one

OH, I KNOW THE CAR WAS EQUIPPED WITH A BLOWER!!!!!! Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
pick one

here ya go

play stupid all you want

busted BWHAHAHAHAHA

Reply to
barney rubble

lmfao u better find out how a cat works but then this is second year stuff and u have no certification

coverter is hot fuel condition are rich

add air from the air pump

instant heat lmfao put another log on the fire BWHAHAHAHA

hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

lmfao

reread the taurus lmfao HAHAHAHA hahahaha>

Reply to
barney rubble

Looks lie what I said was the cause of the cat frailer, your point? How does that over heat an engine?

Reply to
pick one

OH you smarted up!!! You included part of another thread you left out in your stupid remark! You so smart! How does a restricted exhaust cause a higher than normal cooling system temperature?

Reply to
pick one

How does a restricted exhaust cause an engine over heat?

Reply to
pick one

How does an oxygen starved fire make so much heat that engine damage occurs? Why would there not be coolant boiling out the over flow?

Reply to
pick one

lmfao loaded engine heat is restricted back to engine side ever seen a cracked exhaust valve bwhahahaha u just FAILED year one

bwhahaha

hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

Plugged exhaust, very low O2, cold flame. Tell you what. While you are sitting in front of your air tight. Put a thermometer in the fire and close the flue. Let us all know how the fire handles the lack of oxygen.

Reply to
pick one

Can't think? Smoke getting to you?

Reply to
pick one

its called extra load

fail 1 st year lmfao

hey a hot cat add gas add air the only place to go is to have hot gas back up rite up to exhaust valve holy hot exhaust batman

but of course you knew this rite

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

Fire go out and you loose your light? You have flash lights in Canada don't you?

Reply to
pick one

lmfao what does an air pump do u do know how a cat works do you ?????????

ask yourself

when a cat fails whay are there engine OVERTEMP codes presant?????

CASE CLOSED

Reply to
barney rubble

Extra load from what? How do you fuel a fire with out oxygen? How do you get fresh air in an engine with a plugged exhaust? You so smart tell me.

Reply to
pick one