Top 10 TV Cars

Steve wrote: . And I'm still trying to think of a Ford that's better than the

Maybe the big block powered, luxo barge Mercurys from Hawaii Five-0? :)

Actually, I can't think of any cool Ford TV cars. Movie cars are a different story; Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds, White Lightning, etc.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Well, given that I also like Chrysler 300s and drive a C-body Dodge, YEAH, those would count :-)

But seriously, SOME TV show must have featuered a '66 to '70 Torino. Or a Cougar, or a Mach 1...

More than half the cars on TV in the 60s and 70s were Fords, but like you say all I remember are things like McGarrett's Mercs, Cannon's Lincoln, and Hutch's beat-up LTD (and yeah, Starsky's Torino too), and Uncle Jesse's pickup. But I'm sure I'm just forgetting something.

Reply to
Steve

Hmm. Spenser drove Mustangs didn't he?

And Dan Tanna had that cool Thunderbird.

Movie cars are a

Reply to
Anim8rFSK

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, George Orwell did state:

Britt Reid was the /character's/ name; the actor was Van Williams.

"Britt Reid" was a not-too-distant relative of The Lone Ranger, also created by writer George W. Trendle.

BTW, the original Kato was played by Keye Luke of Charlie Chan fame and who did voice work for thousands of cartoons.

The customizer of The Black Beauty was Dean Jefferies.

Reply to
ouzo-uzi

Sgt. Friday of Dragnet drove Fords. Fords were featured in "The FBI" as well.

Reply to
jcr

Didn't one of Charlie's Angels have a Mustang Cobra??

Reply to
DJ

Yep, I particularly liked the T-bird.

Reply to
Steve

Given the era, it was probably a Mustang II though X^p

One of the Mustang E-mail lists years ago was divided into two groups: Classic Mustangs and Fox-chassis. There was a footnote on the homepage that said "Don't even ask about the Mustang II because nobody cares."

;-)

Reply to
Steve

Yeah, it was a white Mustang Cobra 2 -- I'm pretty sure it was Farrah's, and Cheryl inherited it. I *think* the others may have had Fords as well.

LOL

And, here's a page of photos of cars that appeared on CA:

Anim8rFSK

Yes and no. "Jill" drove a Cobra II (probably a 1976), which isn't a real Mustang.

Brian

Reply to
Default User

"For God's sakes Bob, we're talking about a wood-paneled ocean liner"

:)

Reply to
El Bandito

Are we talking about the real thing or *fictional* cars?

Reply to
El Bandito
  1. Original Batmobile. Nothing cooler than that
  2. Starsky & Hutch Torino- An awesome car in design , comfort and performance. Ford could never do it as good as this again
  3. General Lee- How glorious to see the Stars & Bars on primetime TV
  4. Rat Patrol Jeeps- Imagine how slowpokes would clear the way if you came up behind them with a .50 cal mounted inbed
  5. All terrain vehicle from UFO series
  6. Magnum PI Ferrari
  7. Catch vehicles from Jurassic Park !!
  8. Dodge Daytona From Hunter TV series
  9. Scooby Doo Mystery Machine

"Viper"

Am I the only person who remembers> this 1994-99 TV series about a federal task force fighting crime in the> fictional California community of Metro City? Well, probably. The show> wasn't that memorable, but the rumbling Viper made a lastingimpression

show.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Gran_Torino#1975>

series.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Park_Lane

Reply to
bigjim

And for the Brits, we give you the Reliant Robin from the TV comedy show Only Fools and Horses. That Reliant Robin now has a V8 in it for races. Imagine a V8 on three wheels O.o

Motoring News:

sjmassey

Nice thread, I'm going to borrow this for my site :)

xblazinlv

A dumb change to a dumb car. The two wheels were at the wrong end. >:)

On my first trip to the UK in '79 I couldn't believe it when I saw my first Reliant. It wasn't surprising when I saw two rolled over in my first week there.

Reply to
who