Torinos

The old ford torino's... are they worth anything these days?

seem very rare at least around my area.

how much would you expect to pay for one in street shape...

Reply to
Picasso

My guess if you kept to the early 70's they would be a little below the same year Mustangs.

Since the price of Mustangs can get prohibitive, more and more are looking at Gran Torino's and Montego GT's. '72 and '73 GT's are sharp :)

I believe a '69 Torino was basically a re-badged Fairlane GT

What year you looking at?

Jim

Reply to
Jim in Canada

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... |The old ford torino's... are they worth anything these days? |

70-71 Torinos in the northeast USA rusted out in 5 or 6 years, mostly rear quarters and front torque boxes / firewall. They just didn't hold up well. I sold my 351c 4bbl 70 Torino GT to a guy 5 years ago in non running condition for $250 as a parts car for his 429 Torino convertible project. He made the swaps and threw a tarp on the remains and left it in his backyard to rust some more until this summer, when he decided to rebuild what was left of mine for his son.

He told me a seller in CT. with a perfect condition Torino GT was asking $18,000 for the car.

Reply to
Steven Stone

I'm looking at just the vintage you mentioned... 69 to 72

Looking FOR i should say.

Not sure why but i just took a liking to these cars... the mustangs are great and all, but a little trendy.. i want something different.

Reply to
Picasso

That is 3 very distinctly different body styles...

68-69
70-71
72+
Of coarse, 70-71 being the best looking....
Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

well thats where i want to be for sure... 69's pretty good too, but yes you're right...70-71

I began looking on the internet around here, and found a few in Canada.

70-71s
?ID=29475785&pgno=1&srt=1

72: you're right -- i don't like this style as well as the 70-71

Picasso

how rare were the ram air's? the 3 in canada i posted links on weren't ram air, and of the 72's there was only a couple with hood scoops..

that seems like a nice and functional option.

Reply to
Picasso

The "Shaker" hood/air cleaner assemblies were fairly rare, very sought after, and are quite expensive today...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

ok, so they do call that a shaker hood, eh... i thought that may have been a mopar thing

Either way, these cars have really caught my radar... how much bigger than a mustang are they?

Reply to
Picasso

This might be a good place to start.

Steven Stone