Toyota Deals the Final Blow to GM and Ford with New Engine...

this is true, I majored in engineering. And I meant to say "third" not "second."

In Jan '06 and for model YTD '06 Toyota is outselling Chrysler/Jeep. Ford is just barely ahead. Also if you look at

you will see that that is unlikely to change. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. It is especially sad that the foreign subsidiaries of Ford and GM make so much better products than we get here in their home market.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I don't do home work for my own grand children what make you think I'll do yours? Do your own search ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If they want good grades, I'm quite sure they don't want you to do their homework.

Your numbers are your unsupported claims until you offer substantiation. Without a citation, you might as well say GM sold 6 billion cars and Toyota sold 8. Without citation, those numbers mean just as much as the ones you presented.

***
Reply to
dh

Do a search so you have some idea of what you are talking about then maybe we can talk ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Nope. Your numbers are worthless without a source. I'm not going to search the net looking for 4,316,000. Provide a source for them and they'll be considered in due course.

***
Reply to
DH

The cost of production is just 10% of the total price The rest is marketing and transport The car companies can set whatever price they want Difference between Toyota and the rest is they need less advertisement

Reply to
gosinn

Huh????

If anything Toyota runs more ads than anyone - at least in my area. They do run some of the most bizarre ads - like the whole "moving forward series" and some of the most outrageously dishonest ads - like the whole Tacoma series of ads. In the end, I guess they know what they are doing since the third rate Camry is the best selling car in America. Oh what a feeling, moving forward, whatever.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I think it is interesting that Ford is struggling, yet made 2 Billion Dollars last year.

Reply to
C. E. White

So why don't you include Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda in with Ford? This moves the Ford group up to around 18.5% of the US market. Seems only fair since the Toyota group includes vehicle built in various locations, including some built under contract and by partially owned subsidiaries. Ditto for GM and DiamlerChryler. Seems unfair to tout Toyota's success while ignoring the fact that the "big three" are really worldwide companies that build and sell cars around the world.

Reply to
C. E. White

Calling a Toyota V-6 third rate must make the GM 3.4/3.5 l engine something like 10th rate!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Mike Hunt does this sort of thing frequently. Not long ago he did post the source for "information" about Hyundai automotive's financials, only he got it completely wrong and referenced the Hyundai company which does shipping and natural resources.

He has a habit of only seeing what he wants to see and can be safely ignored.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Three reasons...

1) those vehicles are not designed in the US for the most part

2) the first set of stats that I found were broken down by brand and solely concerned the US market, which is what we were discussing

3) they are, for the most part, significantly better than the US-designed and branded vehicles from those companies, which was part of the point that I was trying to make :)

nate

C. E. White wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Once again you are not correct, I did not post Hyundai as a source for anything. I do not post sources frequently or ever, do you own home work. At most I may suggest one search a specific site, like the Congressional Record, the NHTSA or Automotive News but never a link. Do you own search and you will find the exact information I found as the basis for what I post.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I've noticed that. I suspect he's a retired GM manager, who is still seeing the car business through dark glasses.

Reply to
Spam Hater

And that is all you need to know about "Mike Hunter" and his credibility.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ford is in better financial shape than GM, I guess, but they're shrinking like crazy. Check out total sales figures for Ford from, say, 1999 until now.

Reply to
Joe