94 Topaz: Hard pedal effort

Hello,

My girlfriend has recently started having problems with her 94 topaz (2.3L I-4 auto) which I believe to be connected with TSBs 95-1-5,

94-1-6, or 94-12-11 which points to a binding/mal-adjusted throttle cable. Usually from a start the acc. pedal will resist and the remedy thus far has been to stomp the pedal to 'un-hook' it. If you don't un-hook it then the trans will hang in 1st. After you un-hook it the trans tends to do an immediate 1-3 upshift. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is it feasible or is it an internal trans issue? Basically I'm looking to fix this myself because it's not worth dumping hundreds of dollars into this car. The car runs great other than that and I'd hate to junk it because I think it's got a lot of life left in it. Any help from someone with a prior experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
schoolofspool